CHAPTER 38

The next day.

Y/n's Pov

Okay, so I have to take the book to Namjoon today and he's gonna take me to someone he said that's going to help me.

It's already 12 pm and he's still not here....ugh.

I went down to go take some chips and eat it in my room while waiting for Namjoon but then I saw my Dad going through the fridge and took out a carton of milk and poured in on a glass.

"Hey dad." I smiled.

"Hey honey bun. Did you sleep well?"

"Never been peaceful."

Then......silence.......

I went to the cabinet and took out a huge plastic of chips.

"Hey....honey bun?" My dad looked at me awkwardly and scratched the nape of his neck. He took a seat on the chair there.

"Yes dad?" I asked feeling confused as to why is he looking so awkward.

"Do you...um...do you still see..... spirits?" He said softly and looked at me.

I was kinda shock since I didn't expect him to ask that all of a sudden.

I was quiet for a second and said "Well what if I say yes?"

He looked at me for a few seconds then sigh. He pointed the chair infront of him directing me to sit down. I did as he said and he started talking.

"Are....are you happy and fine with that now? Or do you still hate it? I mean I knew that since you were a kid you would always cry at night since you were scared and I and your mom would always comfort you and let you sleep with us.

I wanted to help you get rid of that curse. Since it's a curse I know it can be broken. So I busied myself to find out how to break it. During my breaks after I'm done with a case I would go to different libraries to find different books about curses .

But none of the books I read have information about your curse. To see spirits.

I didn't even realise that I was neglecting you and your mom until I heard....a whisper." He looked at me with a small smile.

"A whisper?" I asked.

"Yes..." He chuckled. "I think I heard it when I fell asleep in my office. It said You should spend more time with your family. Cherish them. Be with them. So you won't regret it later in the future.

That voice.....sounded a lot like your great grandma."

"Great grandma? Now that's......creepy." Now that I think about it.....Great Grandma even appeared in my dreams. Is this connected somehow?

"Kinda creepy yes, but it's because of that voice that I'm here now." He smiled. And continued.

"I called your mom that night, informing her that I will be coming home today. And she told me that you both were at Grandma's. So, here I am." He started grinning.

I didn't know dad did that much just for me. He spend his free time just to search information about my curse. Tears were filling up my eyes. I didn't want to cry. At least not infront of my dad.

But my tears betrayed me. They fell down like waterfalls. I covered myself with my hair so he won't be able to see me cry. I heard the scraping of the floor caused by the chair.

And felt the presence of my dad. He hugged me and kept on whispering 'I'm sorry.' and kissed my head.

I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. "You don't have to be sorry dad. You did all that for me?"