Chapter 33

Zander took a hold of my hair and opened the door. He pushed me out of the bathroom in front of him. I groaned as I reached up for his hand. Alek appeared at the end of the hallway and snarled. "Let her go, Zander!" In the distance, I could hear footsteps quickly approach.

Alex.

My hair was pulled up harder, and I shouted out from the pain. "Why should I? She belongs to me now, after all." He pulled me back closer to his body.

Alex appeared right next to Alek, and I could see his body tense. "So it really was you, you damn bastard!"

"Alex, how lovely of you to show up." He brought his head down next to mine. "Too bad though, this little princess belongs to me now." His gritty lips touched the side of my neck just above the chain.

"Get the hell away from her!" Growing furious, Alex charged forward at us but was stopped by Alek. "Let go of me dammit!"

"Wait, Alex! What if you end up striking Serine?" I had no doubts of what Alek said was true. Zander could easily use me as a shield, but what else could he do? Anything was better than being held in his clutches. That may have been the only way though..

I shouted out. "Alex, just strike him down!"

Both Alex and Alek gave me looks of distraught. "But...but Alek's right! What if I-"

"Forget about me!" Interjecting Alex, Zander pulled harder on my hair causing me to whine. "I..I'd rather be struck by accident...than to-"

Zander released my hair wrapping his arm around my neck. "That's enough out of you." My mouth was commanded shut, and I no longer had control. "So what will you do, Alex?"

He clenched his fists, and gritted his teeth. "The only thing I can do." Alex charged forward with force. Closing my eyes, I put my faith in Alex, that even if I was struck, he would save me from being entangled in this demon's webs. Zander let out an uncomfortable laugh as I was suddenly released from his grip. Alek shouted out Alex's name but before I could open my eyes, a striking pain traveled through my back. It felt like that time Zander dragged his claws down my chest. Screaming out, I fell to the ground writhing in pain.

"Serine!" Alex's voice cracked, sounding with regret. I felt Alex's warmth wrap around my body. Even with this pain, it somehow suddenly felt healed. Taking a hold of Alex's shirt, I wrapped my fingers tightly around it.

"My my, I didn't think you'd actually slice down your own princess just to get to me." Such an amused sarcastic tone. It was sickening. "Perhaps she would really be best suited in my care. Wouldn't you agree, Alex?"

Opening my eyes, I turned my head over, noticing Zander's eyes fixed on me. His smirk, so discomforting. "You damn bastard!" Alex shouted out once again.

Zander began to approach us. "No matter, as long as those chains remain on her, she can never escape from me." So focused on his words, I didn't even notice Alek come up from behind him. Even Zander's focus was so fixed on us he was unaware.

"Don't forget, I'm still here." Bringing up his sword, he sliced right through Zander's right arm cutting it clean off.

That somehow brought him discomfort, causing him eyes to narrow. "Damn punk.." As his arm fell to the ground, Zander disappeared.

I let out a sigh of relief. Alex stood to his feet with me in his hands. I let out an uncomfortable groan. The strike in my back was worse than I thought. "Im so sorry, Serine... If I hadn't..."

Shaking my head, I rested it against his chest. "Thank you, Alex, and Alek." This pain was nothing compared to being Zander's pet. "You saved me." Reaching Alex's room, he gently set me down. I slowly laid down on my side, taking a hold of Alex's hand. It was so soft and warm, sent a ray of light through my body.

"You should rest. We'll treat your back once you fall asleep. I know how fast of a sleeper you are." Alex gave a saddened smile and kissed me on the forehead.

Smiling back, I gently closed my eyes and whispered. "Thank you again, Alex." My grip on his hand tightened as my mind began falling asleep. "I love you."

"I love you too." A soft voice, barely identifiable, but I knew without a doubt that was Alex's voice.