Chapter 46

**

Alex still hasn't come back yet, and I had no way to contact him. After my eyes finally dried up, I decided to get some fresh air, and take a walk. The air was cold and the sky was dark. What perfect timing.

I wore a pair of sweats and one of Alex's hoodies. It was really baggy but still super warm. It smelt just like him. This smell was very distinct, I couldn't even describe it. But none the less, it was a fine aroma and it only caused me to smile to myself.

As I walked, my mind cluttered with all my thoughts crashing in. It was a disaster. Subconsciously, I wound up back at my house, where Caden and I once lived together. I stared up at it, my heart racing. This is the first time I've been here since Caden...

I hesitated, but my legs dragged me in. Shutting the door behind me, I fell back and my body hit against the door. Nothing's changed, not even a single bit. After taking a deep breath, I went upstairs and into my room. I noticed my old drawings I had were still scattered on the top of my desk, and even some on the floor. The one of Alex and Alek laid on top.

Even though this was my room...I felt as if I was trespassing into someone else's property. That everything in here no longer belonged to me. I felt the urge to cry again, but I held back the tears and kept it together.

As I sat on my bed, just staring at the ground, my mind took me back to that first day I met Alex. Compared to now, I was terrified of him. I didn't know what to even think of him. And in only such a short time...he completely changed me causing me to fall in love with just a simple kiss, my first kiss. He took my breath away. Somehow, even when his demon nature came to surface, my feelings never wavered. Though I was scared, I still loved him.

I heard a loud crash come from downstairs. My first guess was that it was Alex looking for me, but he's disappeared himself, so who...

Quietly traveling downstairs, I peered over the ledge. The lights were off so I couldn't see very clearly. I slowly approached the light switch by the door and turned it on. No one was there...but then, what was that just now? Swallowing hard, I started walking through the house. There wasn't anything unusual from what I saw. All that was left was Caden's room, and I just couldn't bring myself to open the door. My hand hovered over the knob, frozen in mid air. I don't want to see his room..I can't! Not with all his things a constant reminder of this pain.

Shutting my eyes tightly, I took hold of the knob and swung the door open. I heard someone's voice shout from inside, and my eyes shot open. The light was off, and thus my vision was blank. "Who's there?" I called out as my body tensed. In an instant I was pushed up against the wall behind me, a pocket knife held to my throat.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" A man's voice demanded. My stomach began to turn and I snapped back at him.

"That's my line! This is my house, so why-" He slammed a hand against my mouth and gripped the knife tighter in his hand.

He maneuvered his body to where he held me from behind. The man pushed me forward into Caden's room. As he turned on the light, I pushed my body back and shut my eyes. As a result I ended up stepping on his foot causing him to release his grip. I'm not ready to see this...I fell to the floor and kicked myself back. "What's your problem?" He shouted taking a hold of my shirt.

I pushed my hands forward hitting the top of his chest. "Get away from me!"

"Why did you come back here?" I opened my eyes and the man's face was right in front of mine. Now that I see him clearly, he only appears to be a young college student. His eyes a hazel green. "Isn't this place supposed to be abandoned?"

"Look, I'm not mad or anything, but would you at least let me go...I can't..." My eyes averted past him, and straight ahead I saw Caden's dresser, a picture of the two of us as kids stood there in a frame I made for him. Pushing my lips together, I pulled his arm away from me and flew over to the side.

"What's your deal?" He asked as he stood to his feet. His tone changed when I began to sob. "Hey, are you crying?"

I shook my head, and stood to my feet. "No...I'm not. Just forget it." As I walked away, he took a hold of my wrist. "Let go, I'm not in the mood for any of this."

"I can't take a chance of you ratting me out." He began pulling me back into his room again, and I forced my arm away.

"I'm not going to rat you out!" I became fed up, and lashed out. "I don't even care that you're here, I just wanted to know why. I'm not even staying here anymore...but it's still my house, I just..." I began to lose my cool. "Never mind. Look, whatever it is, if you're in need of some place to stay, by all means stay here. But at least stay in my room. I'll clean it out-"

He cut me off as he crossed his arms. "Why do I have to stay in your room? Would it just be-"

"Just do it, ok!" I snapped.

"Alright then, but I've got a question. Why did you leave in the first place?"

My body began to shake just thinking about it. "It's...complicated."

"Oh? Is that so? Or is that you just don't want to tell me....er? What was your name again?" He set his hand on my head. I pushed his hand off and backed away.

"I never even gave my name."

He shrugged. "You're right. And in case you're wondering mine, I won't say." This guy... What is his deal? "But, you can just call me J."

"Ok, then, J, just get your stuff out of this room." I finally managed to walk off with out him stopping me again. I could hear J laugh a little in the background. I wiped my eyes as I went upstairs. Looking around my room, there wasn't really anything I cared about him seeing that would actually affect me. Well, maybe besides those drawings. I gathered them all up into one pile, and held them in my hands for a short while. I wasn't sure if I should keep them or throw them away.

A knock sounded at my door. "Knock knock." I held the drawings against my chest. "There, I'm out. Happy now?" J threw his stuff on my bed and came up behind me. "What are those? Can I see-"

"No, you can't!" I forced my way past him and towards the door. "You can do what you want, at least don't mess up my clothes. I'll come back for them another time."

Walking out the door, J called out again. "Hey, G, sorry about earlier, and thanks for letting me crash here." Did he seriously just call me G?

"Don't mention it. Like I said, you can do what you want, but I only ask one thing and that's to stay out of that room." Facing him again, I finished. "And my name isn't G, if anything it would be S seeing as how that's what it starts with. Serine."

J gave a bright smile. "Well then, from here on you can call me Jake." Such a change in personality. He's like a completely different person.

"What's with the sudden change in heart?" I mean, he was about ready to kill me when he first saw me.

He laughed in return. "You could say I have a split personality, or so I've been told...like I said, sorry about earlier. I didn't mean anything by it, just when I heard someone else approach, my instincts kicked in and I went into crazy mode. Anyways, I'll look after this place for you. And I want to ask what's so important about that room, but I can tell it's something personal, so I'll just leave it at that."

Looking away, I nodded. "Again, don't mention it. And thanks...for looking after this place, I mean."

"Sure thing." Jake offered one final smile before I walked out the door.