Chapter 42

I was thrown up against the wall and I fell to the ground. My back ached from the impact. Forcing my body back up again, I groaned. "H-how are you still here?"

"I've got no reason to tell you. After all, you're just my pet." He held onto the end of his arm when it had been sliced up, and turned the other way. "Once I replace this arm, I'll be back with another surprise for you. And this time, I'm not going to play around."

Rather than having a tone meant as a joke like he's had this entire time, his voice was maniacal, and dead serious. All the times he's encountered me, he's only played around, taunting me. But now, I just can't even imagine what he's going to do. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Dammit! I punched the ground with my fists. I can't reach Alex from here. I wonder if he's realized.

I stood to my feet, and just ran. I knew that it was pointless but, there was nothing else I could do. My body pushed itself, my legs and arms pumped faster, and I reached a door across the way. Pulling the handles, it was locked from the outside. As I started pounding on the door, I began shouting out to myself. I can't take another second of any of this!

"I see you're already trying to run away." The back of my shirt was grabbed, and I was being dragged across the floor. A loud noise came from the wall behind me, in front of Zander. Picking me up off the ground, he threw me against the wall again, but before I could fall, he held my arms in place to my sides. Shackles wrapped around my wrists and neck right over the chains. "It's time for those chains were put to good use."

The thought of pleading for my life crossed, but was canceled out by the fact that it was pointless. He wasn't going to let me go just because I begged for my life. He pulled out a small vile with red liquid. With the view I had, I couldn't tell what it was. Zander poured it in his mouth and transferred it to mine.

The liquid poured down the side of my mouth, and I recognized this feeling. It felt just like blood, even the taste of it. I held it on my tongue waiting for him to pull away. When he did, I started to spit it back up. He held my mouth shut with his hand and glared into my eyes. "Swallow it." His eyes turned completely black, and the shocks from before came back causing me to wince again. In the end, my body obeyed his command, and I swallowed it.

My body felt a sudden rush, and I felt paralyzed instantly. Inside my stomach was a spiraling force that even I was unable to process. "W-what's happening?" My blood began to boil, and my entire body heated. It began to ache all over.

As his eyes changed back from black to red, Zander lifted up my shirt and placed his hand on my stomach. "Did you know that when demon blood mixes in with a human's, it causes confusion in the body, thus the blood begins to react." He smirked as he placed his other hand over my chest. "In the end, because the demon blood is thicker and has a stronger nature, eventually it will take over. And I'm sure you can already guess what happens next." Without even giving me a chance to process it, the next words he said already gave me the answer. "You become a demon."

My body trembled at the word demon. "You're despicable...even for a demon.." I staggered on my words as the pain grew.

"The King of hell if you will, princess." He joked laughing at me inside.

"Stop calling me princess...its revolting." He pushed his hand against my stomach, and dug his nails into my skin. I cried out trying to hold back the tears. I didn't want to cry in front of him...not when I'm already pitiful enough.

"That's no way to speak to your master." His eyes so cold, he wasn't playing around. "By the way, your transformation per say doesn't necessarily change your physical form, but as you're already experiencing is highly painful."

As he pulled his hand away from my stomach, I let out a breathe of relief. "What are you trying to accomplish..by changing me into a demon?" He let out a small laugh which escalated into a loud burst of laughter. It terrified me just asking. "What's so damn funny?"

Zander took a hold of my cheeks, holding my face in his direction. "You're so damn blind! Isn't it obvious?" What does he mean by its obvious? My hands twitched, and my lips quivered. He narrowed his eyes a little, giving a striking smirk. "I'm sure you already know what my chains are for right? Well think about it. If you're a demon, then you would gain a demon's power." The more he spoke, the words struck me even deeper. It's as if I was beginning to understand where he was getting at but at the same time still missing the big picture.

"I can see in your eyes you're terrified and in pain." There was no hiding that...it was plain as day. "It shouldn't be much longer until your body is taken over by the demon nature."

"What would you need my demon powers for?" I knew I shouldn't ask...that it would be better if I didn't hear the rest of his answer, but, for some reason I just had to know. "Why go through all this trouble?"

"Still don't see it, huh?" Zander put his forehead against mine, his eyes changed back to black once again. "With these chains, I'm going to make you kill your precious Alex with your very own hands."

Eyes wide, my heart shattered. I couldn't fight Alex...no way..there's just no way...

He began snickered. "You remember when I took the life of that one you called Caden before your eyes." As hard as I tried, I couldn't bring myself to hold the tears back any longer. My body struggled against the shackles. "I told you I would break you down. I'll break both you and Alex down until there's nothing left." Just stop... "By having you two fight each other, I'm positive Alex will step down unable to fight back.." I'm begging you.. "..and you'll have no other choice but to run him down, killing him with your very own hands."

"STOP!" I shouted out as more tears fell. I couldn't listen to another word of his. It only made me break down even more. In response, Zander only laughed harder and louder. He released the shackles around me and I fell to the ground.

"You broke down easier than I thought. Surely a demon wouldn't have gave a damn about that, aside from Alex, of course. Looks as if that demon blood wasn't as strong as it seemed. Your body must be stronger than I had anticipated." Does that mean my body wasn't taken over? I couldn't tell...it still ached all over, but was it supposed to be bearable about now if it had?

He pulled me up by the hair, and stared into my eyes. "Well, no matter, even without the full power of a demon's, I can still put those chains to good use even if your power doesn't equal his. It would just make his death that much more pitiful."