Chapter 57

**

Walking around, I have yet to find an exit. Nothing but rock all around. I can't even determine where this place is. Like an underground tunnel, or something. The deeper I go, the colder and darker it gets. I'm scared...I don't know what to do.

As time went by, a small light appeared straight ahead. Could that be an exit? Without thinking, my legs began to run. Faster and faster, they started to ache. Finally reaching the light, I came to find out it was only just a dead end. Three torches lit, one on each side and one right in the middle. I let out a small sob, so devastated. Well, at least I found some light..

I took a hold of one of the torches, and the wall started to move. Jumping back, I nearly screeched. A secret passageway? Letting out a small breath, I entered the opening. Stairs...I wonder how far down they go. I slowly walked down the steps holding the torch out in front of me. It was like a haunted house. I was afraid something would randomly pop out at me anytime now. Reaching the end, I noticed it was just some empty room. Another dead end...great.

A pounding noise came from above. My grip on the torch got tighter and my whole body shook. I started back up the stairs, running. Just as I approached, the opening was instantly blocked off and I collided with the wall.

"Dammit!" I pounded the wall a few times until another sound came from behind me. Almost a loud pitched sound, a whistle of some kind. I knew something was going to happen. It was obviously what that guy was planning, or at least part of it...As hesitant as I was, I still wound up going back down. Nearing the bottom, I heard my named being called. I bit my lip when it was Alex's voice. I know it's not him...it just can't be..

My name was called again, and I stepped out into the opening, facing his appearance. "You finally showed yourself."

"I know you're not Alex." He can't fool me this time.

"I never said I was."

"Then why go through the trouble of changing into him?"

He shrugged as he took a few steps forward. "Well why not? I mean, doesn't it bother you seeing the one you love go against you?" I narrowed my eyes taking a step back. "Do you not understand? Then maybe I should demonstrate." Appearing right in front of me, he took a hold of my neck and instantly flung me across the room. He took a hold of my arms from behind before I could slam into the wall, and thrusted me into the ground. I screamed out in agony, and he pulled me back up by the hair. "Had enough?"

I reached up taking a hold of his arm. He pulled my hair harder and I screamed out even louder. Honestly, even though this isn't Alex, just seeing him doing this...it does hurt even worse. But I couldn't let him have the satisfaction of knowing he'd succeeded. Throwing me to the side, my side slammed against the cold hard ground. He pounded his leg on my shoulder pressing my back against the ground. "Maybe I should pin you down, in a way you won't be able to get away so easily."

Pulling out a sword from nowhere, he held it against my throat. Turning my head, I began to sob. Dammit..I feel so helpless right now. So weak. I can't even talk back! The blade began to slowly run down my body, and I flinched. "Why so quiet, now?" A maniacal laugh filled my ears, and the blade stopped just above my belly button. I began squirming when I realized what he was planning.

His foot pushed down harder on my shoulder causing it to ache. "I think this'll hold you for a while." Lifting the sword into the air. I pushed my body to the side. Not fast enough, the blade shot down into my side all the way through to the ground. Screaming out, my whole body burned.

My shoulder was released, but it was pointless now. My body wouldn't even budge with the pain worsening. Slowly lifting my hand, I attempted to grab the hilt, but I was stopped. "This is why I hate humans. You're all so weak! But I will admit, it is fun to break you down." I was face to face with Alex...even if it wasn't real, that it wasn't him, it still tore my heart to pieces. My arm was thrown back to the ground, and a dagger was thrusted into the middle of my palm. He walked away without another word. I covered my mouth holding in my shrieks of anguish.

Blood dripped from the wound, and I felt a small pool of my blood stain my back. It was so cold, it made me quiver. My vision began to blur, and my head started to spin. It's all hopeless. I don't even have the strength to keep my eyes open anymore. I'm nothing but deadweight, waiting to be thrown out. Am I going to end up dying here? I wonder if Alex is even aware...if he's even worried. I want to see him. I don't want to go out like this.

Alex, I...