Chapter 91

My arms were suddenly released as a rush of air whipped past us sending us both flying to the side. I was suddenly stopped in mid air causing my body to flinch at the impact. Before I could react, I was dropped to the ground without even a warning. I shouted from the pain and pushed myself up. Who could that have been? Looking around, I couldn't see a thing. It was too dark for me to be able to.

I could hear Zeke groan in the distance from behind me. Instinctively, I stood to my feet, and jolted in the opposite direction. "You bastard! How the hell did you get here?"

"That's none of your damn concern." This voice. There's no mistaking it...It's Alex's. There's no doubt, and yet, it's somehow a bit off... "I'm here now so let's leave it at that." I could hear footsteps, but I couldn't tell where they were coming from or where they were headed. I ran into a wall stopping my movements. Damn, if only I could see!

A bright light lit up behind me and bounced off the wall, filling the room with a bloody red tint. Turning around, I saw Alex in the air, his wings completely spread out to his sides.

Zeke stood up, looking straight in my direction. "Did you come just to take her back, or to piss me off?"

"I came here to kill you." Alex's voice emitted almost no emotion with his words. What was going on with him?

Glancing up at Alex for a moment, Zeke reverted his eyes back at me with a smirk on his face. "That's a shame. You'll be too focused on me you won't even be able to protect her." With a snap of his fingers, the wall behind me broke open and I was slammed into the ground face first. I shouted out from the impact and my mouth was slammed shut. I was pulled by my hair and up to my feet which only made me scream even more.

Raising my arms to the arm, I took a hold of the hand around my hair attempting to pull it away. I looked straight at Alex and watched as he began to attack Zeke. The hand around my mouth was removed and my hair got pulled up even tighter.

"Let go of me!" I blurted out. Even though it was futile, it was all I could do. Looking down, I saw a foot placed right next to mine. I went for it. Stomping on the foot as hard as I could, I suddenly found myself falling forward. I threw my hands out in front of me to block my fall. My hair flew over my head and fell back down to my shoulders and I realized...I wasn't simply just let go, but rather my hair had just been sliced through.

Without looking back, I scrambled to my feet, and started running. I could hear footsteps quickly follow after me and I already knew I couldn't outrun him.

Cutting me off, he maneuvered in front of me. I widened my eyes to see that it had been Jake standing right in front of me. His eyes no longer had that shade of green, just an empty tint of hazel. Zeke must be controlling him in some way. He stepped forward and I moved back. "Jake, snap out of it!" Snarling at me, he kept walking toward me as I kept walking away. I called out again. "Jake, please it's me!"

His steps got faster resulting me to lose my rhythm. I stumbled a bit, and he pulled me by the arm punching me straight in the face. Jake released me letting me fall to the floor. Holding my cheek, I looked over in Alex's direction. It was almost as he was being controlled somehow too. What's happened to you, Alex...?