Chapter 82

After Caden's Tire Was Replaced

**

After school, I finally got my tire fixed. I searched for Serine, but she was nowhere on the school grounds. I had a bad feeling about this..

Rushing home, I ran inside throwing my bag to the floor. "Serine?" Running up to her room, I found that it was empty. Dammit! I checked each room for her, but she was no where. That damn bastard! Where the hell did he take her?

Pacing the floors for a while now, I tried thinking of what I could do, how I could find her...I tried her phone but there was no answer...I heard the door open, and she called out catching my attention. "I'm home."

"Where the hell have you been? I've been worried sick!" Running up to her, I wrapped my arms tightly around her, just so relieved she was alright...

Wrapping her arms back around me, she responded. "I'm sorry...some things, sort of, happened and I wasn't able to call in advance."

I pulled away looking her in the eyes. "Are you alright?"

Serine smiled. "I'm fine, don't worry. Like I said, I just got caught up in something. I was too busy to call."

I nodded, smiling back reassuring her. "That's good."

"I'm going to go take a nap. Right now, I feel pretty exhausted." Giving me another hug, she pulled away again.

"Alright. Holler if you need anything."

"Will do."

She ran upstairs to her room, and I let out a sigh of relief. I still couldn't help but think something happened to her, that she just didn't want to tell me. I guess that's to be expected though.