Chapter 45

The light around me began to disappear, and the darkness replaced its surface. I woke back up in hell.

Looking out into the distance, I saw Alex and Zander facing each other. Alex was heavily injured, barely able to stand where as Zander stood there unfazed. "What's the matter? Done already, Alex?" He taunted.

Standing to my feet I realized that the pain in my body was gone, and my body began to glow. I held my hands in front of me, and became engulfed in a white flame. My eyes shot open when I finally realized. I remember. This was what that image was...the conclusion to all of this. I was the one standing here, facing these two as they fought.

Enough wasting time I don't have. Who knows when this power will run out. I've only got one shot. I began running towards the two, and I felt wings beginning to bloom from my back. My focus was dead set on Zander for me to be surprised. As I flew straight over their heads, both Alex and Zander widened their eyes.

"Serine, how did you-" Alex started before I yelled out.

"It's over, Zander!" Holding out both of my hands, they ignited and the flames grew in size. Zander jumped up and attacked me head on.

"Over? You're the one who's coming to and end!" As he slashed his sword forward, Alex screamed out my name as he followed suit. Before the blade made contact, I gripped the edge tight stopping it's movements, surprised I actually managed that. Obviously this is the work of Juliana's power. I managed to cause Zander to widen his eyes in shock.

I gripped the blade a little tighter, and the flames engulfed the blade shattering it to a million pieces. As he watched the blade, he let his guard down, and I slammed my other hand against his chest. A ball of flames was shot out into his body and he went spiraling against the wall.

Suddenly, it became hard to breathe again. Dammit...is the power already fading? The wings became limb and I began to fall. Alex caught me from behind and laid me down softly in the ground.

He instantly took possession of the antidote, and poured it down my throat. It tasted just like that first antidote. Disgusting and raw. I wanted to vomit. "I'll go finish him off." Alex stood to his feet, and appeared in front of Zander. Without hesitation, he ran his sword straight through his heart. Zander yelled out in frustration and grabbed a hold of Alex's wrist.

"Alex, you-" Zander started, and Alex dug the sword in deeper.

"You don't deserve to have any last words!" Pulling out the sword, he brought it up and slammed it down straight into the top of his head. The blade was no longer visible as the hilt rammed into his hair. Even it being Zander the sight was still unbearable, and I quickly turned away. I covered my mouth to hold back the sobs. The chains around my neck and wrists shattered into pieces and slowly vanished.

It's over.

Alex appeared to my side again, and fell to his knees. He quickly wrapped his arms around me and buried his head into my shoulder. I whispered with a slight smile on my face. "It's over.." Tears began to fall, it felt so overwhelming, yet so relieving.

Not a single word was spoken from Alex, he just held me tightly in his arms. I brought my arms up around him and held him close. After our quiet embrace, Alex pulled away, with a small smile. Tears also filled his eyes, and I understood now why he was so quiet. "Let's go home." He gently placed his lips against mine, and I instantly pushed mine back up against his.

It's all finally over...

**

I tended to Alex's wounds, bandaging them up. "Hey, that hurts!" He flinched as I tightened the wrap around his arm.