Chapter 70

**

When we finally reached home, Serine ran straight to her room without a word. I decided to give her a little time before asking her about it. Throwing myself on the couch, our foster dad walked through the door. So much for a time of peace. Standing to my feet, my foster dad came up pushing me back down to the couch. "Stay there!"

"What's your problem?"

"You know damn well what my problem is!" He exploded, taking a hold of my shirt. "It's your damn fault I had to move out to this place, and I already hear you're already causing trouble!" Throwing me back down against the couch, clenching his fists. "That sister of yours doesn't know what a disgrace you are!"

"Leave my sister out of this!" He slapped me across the face leaving my cheek to burn.

"You need to learn some damn manners!" Storming off into his room, he slammed the door. I could hear it ringing in my ears even after the door was slammed.

Serine came running downstairs. "Caden, what's going on? I heard yelling?"

I didn't want her to know, it would only cause her more trouble. I never want her to see this side of me. "It's nothing, Mike's just a little stressed." There's no way I'd ever call him my father. He didn't deserve the title. "Come on, let's go back upstairs."

She nodded, following behind me. "Oh, Caden...I, just remembered."

"What is it?"

Speaking quietly, it was a whisper I could barely hear. "I saw those images again." More images, huh? What was even causing them? When she told me about seeing herself, I told her they could just be glimpses of the future. Of course, she didn't buy that.

"What did you see this time?"

Reaching her room, I propped her up on her bed, sitting next to her. "I saw me, and that one guy again...we were grown up, and we were just staring at each other. That was it."

As she spoke, her voice shook. I could tell it terrified her seeing those images, especially when there's no way to tell why. Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her close trying my best to comfort her. "I'm sure something will come up soon, something that can be explained about these."

"Will you stay in my room tonight? I don't want to be alone."

"Yea, I'll stay here tonight." Seeing her smile always made me forget how bad of a person I really am...I don't even remember what made me this way. But in the end, the only time when I'm actually decent is around Serine.

I've only had one real friend besides her despite my bad persona, but in the end he wound up ditching me because I acted out. Which brings me back to Jake and Zeke. I wonder how things will turn out with them? Besides, why bother talking to me anyways? Everyone knows the new kids are always the losers never to be approached. But I guess considering those two, it wasn't a big difference.

"Come on, help me bring my blankets and stuff up." Serine happily jumped up, gladly accepting my offer. I never want to see her lose that smile. Even if it's hard, I'll keep hiding this horrible side of me, for her sake.

**

Saturday came in a flash, and I was supposed to be meeting up with Jake and Zeke in about an hour now. I really didn't want to go, but I already accepted their invitation. I guess I could just ditch and sleep in. Then again, Jake was pretty determined, he might end up breaking down my door and pulling outside himself. What a pain!

Serine was still sleeping, and Mike wasn't even home. Damn, I didn't want to leave Serine alone, but I didn't want to take her either. What if I ended up acting out in front of her?