Call Anytime

또또

Jinwoo was frowning while staring at his phone. He tried dialing the same number for fourteen times already, but to no avail. "You said call anytime."

He threw his phone on his bed, and marched outside his room. "I need a drink."

Jinwoo rummaged on the cabinet, on his stash. He took out a bottle vodka. He was so ready to devour all of it until he passed out on their couch, or wherever.

***

"Do you want to dance?"

"What?"

Jinwoo and Mino were watching one of Jinwoo's dramas on their living room when Mino suddenly asked that.

"You love watching dramas, and I figured you may love spontaneous romantic gestures like the male leads on the drama. So, do you want to dance, hyung?"

He chuckled. "Do I strike you as a female lead then?"

"The most beautiful," Mino responded with not a bit of hesitation.

"If we're talking of dancing, then we need a music too, don't you think?"

Mino smirked like as if he was waiting for him to say that all along. "Come to think of it. I recently composed something that we can dance to, purely coincidentally, hyung. Purely coincidental."

Jinwoo cannot help but giggle. "You're unbelievable."

"I hope not in a bad way." Mino stood up and offered his hand to him.

He was hesitant to take it at first, hesitant to leave his drama for a dance but then again, it was for a dance and did he say he wasn't for spontaneous romantic gestures? He did not.

Electricity flowed from his fingertips to his chest when he touched Mino's hand. He literally gasped, it was kind of surreal, he had never experienced it before.

Mino didn't notice his reaction as he was busy tinkering with his phone, looking for the music he claimed to have coincidentally composed for that moment.

"You can just hum it if you can't find it," Jinwoo joked to hide his nervousness. He didn't know what was up with his nerves, his heart was beating too loud and he wanted to let go of the younger's hand as he was feeling his getting sweaty.

"Ah, here it is."

Jinwoo smiled after a few notes, and forgot about his nerves. He closed his eyes enjoying the melody. It was away from Mino's comfort zone, he knew it very well. The music was not a bit hiphop-y or trot. It was soft, sweet, and gentle. It was more him, than the rapper.

"Oh." His eyes opened when Mino pulled him to his chest.

Mino hugged him and together, they swayed with the music. "I made this for you."

Jinwoo felt tingles when Mino whispered that to him. They felt so nice. Mino felt so nice, like the music, he felt so soft, sweet, and gentle. "Mino, what are we?"

He didn't want to break the spell or ruin the moment, but moreso, he didn't want to lay wide awake for the rest of the night thinking about that question.

It was clear alright. It was clear how he and Mino had something for each other that is deeper than friendship. They cared for each other so much. They looked out for each other all the time. There had to be something, but Jinwoo wasn't sure if that something was worth risking everything for. That thought kept him from sleeping for some nights.