Poems For You

Like a moonlight in a deep dark night,

You came into my life

A moonlight I wish to touch, to feel, to have

If I close every light in the world, would you stay?

"Mino, you're late," Seungyoon remarked the moment he arrived in the church, It was Seunghoon's wedding that day, their best friend.

"No, I'm not." Mino was breathing hard. Thanks to the traffic, he had to run to make it on time - or at least almost on time.

"Let's welcome our bride!"

Music started to play. Mino realized it was a piano. Someone began singing a song Mino wasn't familiar of, but the voice of the singer made Mino searched for him. And when he saw him, Mino thought of a moonlight in a deep, deep dark night.

"She's so beautiful." Mino heard someone from his back say. He unconsciously nodded.

"Who are you looking for?" another friend of his ask Mino during the wedding's reception.

"Huh?"

"Who are you looking for?"

Mino looked at his friend. Then he shook his head. "No one."

The wedding singer left after the ceremony. He thought he could get to know him. He wanted to get to know him.

***

What is a heartbreak?

Tell me what is a heartbreak.

Should I?

Should I tell you?

When I see you two together,

When your eyes smile while looking at each other,

When you hold hands and laugh

When you both forget everyone else's existence.

"Oppa, there's someone I want you to meet," Danah said as she entered Mino's room.

Mino was almost finished with his painting. It was for an exhibition and also for a cause. Painting had always been his hobby, and also a side hustle.

Danah waited for his brother to finish.

Mino wiped both of his hands on a rag after adding the final detail. His painting showed three children playing, the background is abstract. It was a vary from his usual style. When you looked at the painting, you'll feel happy and warm.

"Who?" He finally turned to his sister.

"My boyfriend."

"Who?" Mino's eyes widened. "I've never heard that word from your mouth before."

"Yah, oppa! I'm old enough to enter a relationship." Danah frowned.

"It's not that. It's like a miracle someone actually liked you."

Danah slapped Mino's arm. "Oppa!"

Laughing, he stood up. "Where is this unlucky guy?"

"Oppa!"

"Anneyeong haseyo!" Mino didn't see his face yet as he was bowing to him, "I'm Kim Jinwoo."

Mino thought he heard that name somewhere and when he saw him finally, Mino wanted to run back in his room or wake up from this dream, but he knew he wasn't dreaming and there wasn't any point in running.

"Oppa." Danah went beside Jinwoo and held his hand. He looked at their entwined hands.

I dream of you today

I saw you once, and dream of you a million times

Even in my waking time, I am dreaming of you

Hold your hand, hug you tight

Kiss your lips, make you laugh

Those are my dreams, and you... And you.

"He's Jinwoo, my boyfriend. He's a pianist and a singer. He's from Mokpo. We've been together for three months."

Mino took note of how Danah was all smiles, and how Jinwoo was looking at his sister like she was the most beautiful painting in the world.

"So, oppa, what do you think?"

"Good luck, Jinwoo."

"Oppa!"

He smiled. "She's crazy, but if you really like her then don't make her cry. I'll go first, guys."

***

"Your paintings seems to be more and more gloomy."

Mino was in his studio. Finally, he afforded to have one. It wasn't big, but it was enough. He spent most of his time there. He resigned from his job to be a full-time artist.

"The guys haven't seen you in a while. Are you okay?" Seunghoon decided to pay him a visit that day.

"As okay as one can get," he answered.

Seunghoon sighed. "I know I can't get anything from you, at least not now. But I'll be back."

"No need to look after me, hyung. I'll be fine. I'll move on."

Seunghoon sighed once again. "Do you want me to introduce you to my wedding singer?"

Mino laughed. He laughed out loud, that tears fell from his eyes. "Sorry, hyung, I just remembered something very funny."

"Oh my god, Mino. I think I should introduce you to a psychiatrist instead."

After Seunghoon left, Mino threw the brush he was holding. "Why would you introduce me to someone who's going to be my family soon?"

Mino felt that having his own studio wasn't enough. He wanted to move farther away from them. He wanted to just disappear. "What's with you, Kim Jinwoo? What have you been doing to me?"

He stared at his unfinished painting. It was an eyeball amidst a splash of colors - dark and bright, and a small sunflower was inside it. If one would take a close look at all of his paintings, they would see a sunflower or sunflowers somewhere. And if one would know the meaning of the flower, they would say Mino was such a masochist. Maybe, he really was.

***

In our second life, I'd tell you

How at first glance, my heart beat for you

How at second glance, my heart died because of you

But though dead, it kept on loving you.

And in every life after this we have,

I'll fall for you at every first glance

And even if after every second, my heart dies

I won't mind, I will still keep on loving you.