Twin Flame (TW)

TW: this fic is dark, hinting of s*****e

A rope in the table. A letter beside the rope.

Someone's sleeping in the bed. His eyes were closed tightly. A frown was playing in his lips. Creases were on his forehead. And furrowed brows.

"Hmm..."

***

Mino went to the church, afraid to enter at first but did so anyway. On one of the pews, he sat; he cannot get himself to kneel. Close his eyes, he didn't do too. His gaze was straight ahead, looking far and at nothing in particular.

'I'm here.' Mino started thinking of what he needed to say. 'I'm here because I'm desperate. And I'm giving you one last chance to help me, that is if you really care for me.'

Mino had to breathe deeply before continuing. He was pathetic all his life, but he didn't felt this pathetic and needy.

'All I'm asking is a reason to live. Just one. Or it's over.'

Mino would chuckle if he was alone. But he wasn't.

***

Hope was such a powerful word. Imagine yourself on the edge of a cliff and then you made one wrong step. Suddenly, you were falling but fortunately, there was a sturdy branch on your reach. You held onto it. You held onto that one last hope to stay alive.

And Mino was falling too. He had been falling for so long. A branch, a hope... Whoever thought he'd find it in a fastfood restaurant near the church.

Mino thought finally, a prayer of his was answered. And maybe it was true, miracle does exist.

His hope, his miracle was named Jinwoo.

***

Mino regretted ordering for dine-in when he saw that every table in the restaurant was filled. He should have just had his breakfast to-go. But maybe, he didn't want to eat his last meal alone.

"Over here!"

Mino unconsciously turned to that cheerful voice. A guy with wide bright eyes was looking straight at him, three tables away from where he was standing.

"You can sit here." The stranger smiled at him.

Mino felt an unfamiliar warmth in his chest. His feet moved towards the welcoming stranger and hesitantly, he joined him in a table for two.

When Mino looked up after putting his meal on the table, he was surprised to see bright eyes and warm smile up close.

"I'm Jinwoo. I saw you at church earlier. I'm new in this town. I was hoping to make friends here. Can you be my friend?"

It was all unfamiliar to Mino. The gentleness. The kindness. Could he say no? He couldn't and he didn't.

***

Mino never trusted anyone as he trusted his new friend. Mino was sometimes getting nauseous at how quick days were passing by.

"Don't ever think about killing yourself again, Mino," Jinwoo told him when he shared his stories to him.

"I won't anymore because I already found a reason to live."

And his reason to live was his opposite. If compared with fiction Jinwoo loved to read, Mino was Angst and Jinwoo was Chick Flick. If compared with animals Jinwoo adored, Mino was a fierce bear and Jinwoo was a cute bunny.