Connected

Song Mino loved writing. He knew he wanted to be a writer after first grade. He enjoyed writing essays and reading. He enjoyed reading so much and not just simple books. He read different kinds of books, one of his favorite was Mythology. He felt a great interest with gods and goddesses, deities and the likes. But what caught his interest, like really grab it is the legend of red strings.

He found out about the legend when he was a high school freshman. He chanced upon a fiction story that mentioned it. He searched about it and read everything about red strings.

Mino's life changed after he graduated in high school. He got in a car accident. He was inside the car, sitting at the passenger's seat. The windshield of the car got smashed. The shards of glass directly hit Mino, some went in his eyes.

Mino woke up in the hospital with wounds deep and shallow and eyes that can no longer see.

***

Kim Jinwoo loved soccer. He dreamed to be a soccer player ever since he saw a soccer ball when he was in kindergarten. His father was really supportive of his dream. He enrolled him to different classes. He got part of the soccer team in his school then in his university.

Jinwoo was a great fan of the National Soccer Team and he aspired to be part of it. There was nothing he wanted in the world but that.

But it seemed the world didn't want that for him.

Jinwoo was a college sophomore then. He finished his practice and rode the bus to go home, but the bus got into an accident. The bus turned upside down a few times before it landed down a cliff.

Jinwoo woke up in the hospital. He had multiple cuts and bruises, and he cannot feel his legs.

***

Mino is now twenty six years old. Instead of writing, he records those he wants to write. He uploads them into audio books. Somehow, it works for him.

Most of Mino's stories revolves around red strings of fate. Mino doesn't tell anyone, but he can see the red strings of fate. He cannot believe at first too. He thought it was just a product of his obsession with the legend, but as it occurred more often and more often, he started believing that something unfathomable really happened to him after his accident. It was unfathomable, but real.

Being blind, all he can see is darkness except when there are soulmates around him. He can see streaks of red. Mino thought there was no way he will see his. But Mino did.

He was in a soccer field. It was near his house so he liked going there. It was wide, the chance of him bumping into someone or something is slim. He can run around there, and exercise.

He was jogging around, an ebook about red strings playing through his earphones when he bumped into someone and fell to the ground. No, not the ground. He fell into something... "Ah." Or someone.

"I'm sorry," Mino muttered.

He felt the person beneath him move, and then it happened. He felt something soft in his lips.

And for the first time Mino saw a streak of red strings so, so near like it is connected to his very own pinky finger. And maybe, it really is.

***

Jinwoo got depressed after his accident. Fortunately and through several therapies, he got better. His therapist told him about someone who may help him. And that someone played a huge role in his healing.