Physiology of Love

*credits to the requested of this fic for the title

"We need a doctor, call a doctor! My daughter cannot breathe."

Mino walked to the patient. "She's hyperventilating. We need a brown bag."

Seunghoon gave the girl a brown bag, she guided the girl's hand to properly hold the bag to his mouth so air won't come in and out of it. "Breathe," he commanded so calmly.

"She'll be okay," Mino tried to appease the panicked mother. Then he took the medicine from a nurse and the cup of water.

After the girl's breathing returned to normal, Seunghoon took the bag from her and then Mino asked her to drink the medicine.

"She'll fall asleep, and when she wakes up, she'll be fine," Seunghoon told the mother.

The mother asked the girl if she was feeling okay. The girl nodded.

"I feel like I'm about to hyperventilate too, I'm so tired," Mino said as he sat back a reclining chair inside the office. He and Seunghoon were assigned in the Emergency Room. If the entire hospital doesn't sleep, the emergency room doesn't blink at all. That's especially true that day.

"Should we get coffee at the cafeteria?" Seunghoon offered.

Mino smirked. "Thank you, hyung."

Seunghoon threw his stress ball to his friend. "And you even called me hyung, huh."

"Come on, hyung, you know we can't both be gone at the same time."

"Fine, but what if he's there?"

"Then tell him I said hi."

***

Jinwoo and Seungyoon were just starting their residency years. They were still getting used to their new schedule, new home - the hospital, and the real stresses they had to face every day for their entire residency.

"Should we go to the emergency room? I heard Song Mino and Lee Seunghoon are there."

They heard the nurses in the cafeteria. Those two residents were really popular. The friends heard they are really good, and their stance made them seem like professional doctors already. But they seem arrogant too.

"It must be so stressful in the ER," Seungyoon told Jinwoo. They were having their much deserved coffee break.

"It depends. Actually, I'm quite sure it isn't. I'm sure they are just fooling around there, flirting with the nurses."

"Who?"

"Those two arrogant residents." Jinwoo was so immersed in his annoyance with the said residents that he couldn't care less about Seungyoon's weird facial expression.

"Lee Seunghoon and Song Mino?"

"Who else?"

"But they're quite handsome, aren't they?"

"Well..."

"Well?"

"Well." Jinwoo finally turned his head to the person he was talking to, whoever he was.

"Well?"

"Oh my god!" He gasped and abruptly stood up. Before him was the Lee Seunghoon sporting his famous angel's smile. He looked around and found out he gasped too loudly, loud enough to gain him an audience.