2 am at the Cat House (TW)

*Trigger warning. This fictional story is about Anxiety Disorder.

The first 2 am.

Jinwoo woke up to a sound of banging. Disoriented, he glanced at his wallclock and realized it was 2 am. The banging sound continued followed by a voice, a distressed sounding voice.

"Hyung, hyung, jebal. Help me. Hyung!"
It woke the mathyung completely. He dashed to his door and opened it to see a trembling Mino.
"Mino-yah."

"Hyung... I'm... I can't breathe, hyung." After he said that, he started panting.

It scared Jinwoo. He knew what was going on but he didn't know what to do. It was always Manager Simon or Seungyoon who was tending to him. Both were not around that time so Mino only had him.

Jinwoo held Mino's hands. "Calm down, Mino-ya. You can breathe."

Mino was still panting, trying to get some air.
Jinwoo panicked when he saw Mino's eyes losing focus. "Look at me, Mino-ya. Look at me!" He was able to make Mino look at his eyes. "You can breathe. Inhale... Exhale..."

Mino followed the older's lead. He inhaled and exhaled while looking at Jinwoo's eyes.

"Inhale... Exhale..." It went on and on. Jinwoo stopped when he saw tears in his dongsaengs' eyes. "Gwenchana, Mino... Gwenchana." He hugged Mino while patting his back.

After the third 2 am.

"Why is it like this, hyung?" Mino asked Jinwoo. Both of them were inside the former's room "I thought it's over. Why does the cycle goes on and on? Why doesn't it end?"

Jinwoo took the glass of water Mino was holding and carefully placed it on the bedside table. Then, he took Rey in his arms. "I don't know, Mino-ya. But please, don't think about it too much. Arasso? I'm here, you can always rely on me."

Mino looked at Jinwoo tiredly and nodded his head. "Gomawo, Jinwoo hyung."

The older gave the younger a warm smile, which the younger appreciated so much at that moment. He also realized the soothing effect it gave him.

Another 2 am.

Mino was trying very hard to squeeze lyrics out of his mind. He had the melody and the beats, but he cannot seem to find the right words for his new song.

'What if I won't be able to make it? Maybe I'm really nothing on my own.' His thread of thoughts continued. 'I am not good enough. I should have just stayed as an underground rapper. I can't make it big. This is crazy. No, no, no, not crazy...'

Mino's thoughts were running too fast, his mind couldn't keep up. Realizing that, he began to panic. "No, stop. Stop. Please stop." He harshly pushed away the contents of his desk in frustration. "Stop!" he screamed.

Jhonny was crying on his feet but he was too distracted to pay attention to her.

"Stop! No, it's not crazy! Not crazy!" Mino's breaths were shortening.

The door banged open. "Mino-ya." Jinwoo worriedly entered.

"Hyung! Make it stop. It's not crazy. I'm not crazy." Mino's eyes were red and teary.

"Yes, you're not, Mino-ya." Jinwoo remembered the paper bag. He grabbed one from Mino's drawer. Mino snatched it from him before he managed to hand it.

Mino started breathing in the bag repeatedly.
Jinwoo couldn't do anything but pat Mino's arms. Whenever Mino had panic attacks, it broke both of them. Jinwoo was relieved that he was able to wake up from the noises because if not, Mino would have to fight his demons alone.