Remember Us

Jinu looked at his watch for the nth time. It was already 15 minutes pass 4 pm. He had been in that cafe for roughly an hour and a half. Was his date still coming?

Jinu was single. He was since birth, so his friends all ganged up to get him into a blind date. And he so hate it, just the idea of meeting a stranger was infuriating to him. But to shut his friends up, he so hesitatingly and half-heartedly said yes.

He didn't know if he had to thank his blind date, or supposed blind date, for not coming or not because he didn't want to come, himself, anyway.

Just as he was preparing to leave, someone came rushing to his table. He looked up to a tall guy.

"Hi, are you Jinu?"

Jinu's heart skipped a beat for he cannot deny the guy's got the looks. He nodded to his question.

"I'm sorry. My sister is your blind date but something came up so she couldn't make it." He sat down across him. "She asked me to come in her stead. I know it's weird because I'm a guy too but..."

Honestly, Jinu was still single because he cannot seem to be attracted to the opposite sex. He didn't want to admit it yet but it really seems he is attacted to the same sex.

The guy in front of him didn't finish his sentence, and Jinu didn't mind. "I'm Mino, by the way."

Mino... Mino was looking at him intently. He felt like breathing became a bit hard so Jinu looked away. As he did, his eyebrows furrowed. He remembered seeing a bakeshop across the cafe they were in earlier so why suddenly, he was seeing a castle? A castle?

He turned back to Mino. His lips parted. Was Mino wearing a fancy Victorian clothing since earlier? What made it more weird, but less weird at the same was how Mino's eyes were mirroring his own surprised ones.

Once upon a time...

There lived a prince, the fairest of all princes in the entire land the Great Creator has made. He possessed a face so beautiful, so attractive. His mother queen had loved looking at the fields of beautiful flowers when she was pregnant with the prince.

But in this time of the day, like all of the blessed days sent from above, beautiful Prince Jinwoo was not in his kingdom. He was in the kingdom not so far away from his, visiting his best friend, the most charismatic prince that has lived in their generation - Prince Minho.

Prince Minho's kingdom receives daily invitation from different kingdoms, which homes princesses who were dying to meet and so hope to marry him. But Prince Minho has no desire of meeting anyone. His eyes are fixed on someone and for that someone, he is ready to do anything.

"I think the people in our kingdom see you more than your own people," Prince Minho told Prince Jinwoo.

"Does that mean you are getting sick of my face? Are you trying to send me home right now?" Prince Jinwoo's face looked pained with his best friend's remark.

"It is not that, Jinwoo. You know it is not that. If it is so how I want it to be, I won't let you leave our kingdom ever again. And that beautiful face of yours, how can you say I get sick of it? I will never."

Both princes looked at each other with affection in their eyes.

"But you are just here because our sea is abundant with fishes, not because of me. Is that right?"