Until Then

(a/n: wrote this before Jinu enlisted)

Mino is in his rented art studio. He has been painting and sewing and sketching - basically doing all that his creative side wants to do - in there for a month.

That day, he was painting two hands. There was a distance between them, but in his mind they were holding. From someone else's point of view, the hands may look like they were about to hold. But really, they were done holding each other.

Someone let go. Mino let go.

On the last stroke of his signature, his phone rang.

Mino wiped his hands on a rag before accepting the call. He forgot checking who the caller is.

"Hello?"

"Mino..."

Mino grabbed his chest when he heard that voice. In panic, he ended the call.

He started breathing quickly. His heart raced. It was just his voice. It was just one word, but it was his name.

Mino looked at his painting. He had the urge to throw a black paint on it. He wanted to redo it. He wanted to hold onto the hand again.

He audibly gasped when his phone rang for the second time. He didn't want to touch it, but his hands were aching to do just that. He did in the end and saw a different name. His heart calmed a bit.

"Hello..." He realized that his lips were trembling. His voice went hoarse.

"Mino, Jinwoo hyung called me. He said you cut your phonecall. He wants to know if you're okay."

"I'm okay, Seungyoon-ah."

"You don't sound okay to me. Where are you?"

Mino breathed in deeply. "I'm okay." Now his voice was a bit more normal. "Tell him not to worry about me, Seungyoon-ah."

"Why don't you do that yourself?" Seungyoon seemed annoyed.

"You know I can't."

"You're hurting him, Mino."

I know.

***

Seunghoon invited Mino to hang out in a bar outside Seoul. With issues surrounding their agency, the two knew they had to be very careful not to be seen drinking or partying.

"Perks of being an idol. You have to drive two hours just to party," Seunghoon sarcastically said to Mino as he arrived in the bar.

"Hey. I'm already drinking."

"I can see that." Seunghoon sat on the bar stool beside Mino. "I'm glad I was able to take you out of your studio."

Mino nodded.

"Hey, are you drunk already?"

"You're not going to drink, are you?"

Seunghoon smiled. He ordered some finger food. "It'll be nice if one of us get out of here sane."

Mino chuckled. "I thought your friends will be here too."

"Yeah, some of them are already."

"You know, hyung." Mino chuckled before continuing. "I was hesitant to say yes to your invitation. I had this wild guess that you'll arrive with Jinwoo hyung."

"Is it really a wild guess or a wish?"

Mino smiled. He can't answer Seunghoon's question. He didn't want to either. All he wants to do that night is to drink and party and have fun.