Blue Rose

BLUE ROSE

No matter how perfect a rose may look, it will always have thorns in its stem. No matter how beautifully a rose blooms, if not taken care of, it will wither...just like love... Isn't it?

But maybe impossibles can be possible in love too...just like how a blue rose exists. Maybe, a love that withered can bloom again. Maybe, a love that ended can begin again... Who knows, right?

(This is a SongKim fanfic inspired by For)

One day, the rose withered...

He held his hand. "You're coming back, right?"

"No. No, Mino, I am not."

He squeezed his hand. "You're lying. This can't be the end, Jinwoo."

"It is." Jinwoo took his hand from his grasp.

Mino felt empty, everything in him felt empty. "Am I only worth this much to you?" Any moment now, tears were going to fall.

Jinwoo didn't respond. He simply walked away with his luggage. He simply left. He left Mino with nothing. He was Mino's life and now he was gone...and as he, himself, had said, not coming back.

"Am I only worth this much for you?" Mino whispered as bitter tears poured from his tired eyes.

Chapter 1: The Rose Blooms

Do you remember how we've started? Do you remember how you chase after me?

Okay, okay. You can stop raising your brows now. It was me who chase after you. It was me who woo you. It was me who planted the seed of our relationship and I thank you for watering it.

***

"Hyung... Hyung, have you had your lunch?" During lunch, Song Mino's habit was be a tail to Kim Jinwoo, his fellow Business Management student.

"Yeah." Jinwoo's answers to him were always brief. "I gotta go." And he always had to go.

"Where, hyung?"

And Jinwoo would always leave Mino without telling where he would be. Today was no different.

"Hyung, can you help with Accounting?"

"Mino, can you stop tailing me?"

Mino was taken aback. He couldn't answer. A lump in his throat was preventing him to. Those words were too much for his heart to bear. What would Jinwoo do if he suddenly cried, kneeled, and begged him to take them back?

"Are you okay?"

Mino cleared his throat when Jinwoo asked that. Jinwoo was holding his heart and squeezing it after twisting it. He was about to walk away and maybe cry his eyes out in a vacant room somewhere or at the back of their building when he heard Jinwoo's "Oh."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean what you think I meant."

Mino can only stare at Jinwoo, utterly confused.

"Are you thinking that I no longer want you around?" Jinwoo chuckled. "I didn't mean that."

Mino kept on staring. His mind was processing Jinwoo's words very, very slowly.