8

you stared with utter disbelief at the scene that happened in front of you. after knowing inumaki for 2 months, you came to realize you never saw his technique in action.

he did it so gracefully, his voice sounded so beautiful, it left you speechless. toudou on the other hand froze in his spot. inumaki really was powerful.

you were still staring with your mouth slightly opened and quickly shook your head to rid yourself of the small shock. walking towards them slowly as you were not too far away.

panda then appeared from mid air and was was ready to strike toudou while yelling out, "what are you two doing?!" he punched toudou in the face but he didnt budge.

instead, he got send flying a few meters behind while still standing in the same position. you now caught up to the group and stood besides inumaki.

"bonito flakes." inumaki had said while zipping his turtleneck up again. you stared at him while he did it and spoke out, "how did you know-" you said almost in a whisper, at a loss of words.

he didnt answer that question, instead of that, he greeted you, "kelp." he spoke while pulling his collar down and showing you an adorable closed eyed smile that was only meant for you.

you smiled at the sight and so you returned the smile. "its good to see you too inumaki-senpai." you said.

almost immediately you started showing concern for the boy. "inumaki-senpai, did it hurt when you used your cursed speech?" you asked out curiosity while frowning.

he let out the softest laugh at the fact that you showed concern for your senpai. and so he told you, "bonito flakes." while shaking his head. "white rice, seaweed." he added on while putting his index finger and thumb close together.

those were some new words, so you tried to reason, 'he motioned with his hand something like "a little" and then said rice which was meant for long term.' you asked to be sure, "it hurts after you do it for a long time?"

he nodded his head vigorously and excited. he was glad you understood him. "salmon, salmon." he added to his rambling.

toudou began to move again and spoke up, "long time no see, panda." he said while wiping the blood of his face that once again was dripping from his mouth.

megumi was still bleeding and you crouched down to where he was now sitting. you held his head in your hands and checked for any injuries.

fortunately there were none and you wiped the blood of his face with the sleeve of your uniform. megumi looked at your blood stained uniform and opened his mouth, "y/n, you dont have to-" before be could finish his sentence, you already spoke up. "its fine, at least you can see now."

you helped him stand up by reaching your hand out to him, he gladly accepted it and you pulled him up. you let go of his hand almost immediately to not recreate that same moment you had with inumaki once.

you turned to panda and asked," does this mean maki-senpai is here too?" hoping that she found nobara and made sure your only female comrade was safe.

"she certainly is, she is with nobara right now actually." panda answered and you visibly relaxed. "oh im glad." you mumbled quietly but still audible.

after toudou left the scene to go looking for his jacket, the 4 of you, megumi, panda, inumaki and you, started walking to nobara, mai and maki.

there was no rush since all of you knew maki had it under control. you walked next to megumi while panda and inumaki were walking behind you guys.

"does it still hurt? your head i mean." you asked megumi. he turned his head and looked you in the eye and answered. "just a little." you wanted to ask if you could help him with his headache but he spoke up again.

he looked forward, avoiding eye contact as he said, "you know, when i was younger, my mom always told me that a kiss would suffice the pain." he smiled at the memory. how funny that he believed in it, but he was young and would believe anything his precious mom said.

you heard someone choke on their spit behind you and saw panda was having a coughing fit. megumi and you both stopped in your tracks and megumi started patting pandas back.

"panda-senpai are you okay?" he spoke after panda seemed done coughing. "yes im fine, i dont know what happened." he said after standing straight again.

all of you started walking again but panda put a hand on megumis back and started walking together with him in the front.

now it was inumaki and you who were walking behind. before you had a chance to question what just happened, you guys were already walking. you didnt notice that panda looked back at inumaki and winked.

you remembered the fight that happened not too long ago between you and toudou and examined your hand once again. it was weird how nothing was wrong with it. inumaki noticed and said, "tuna mayo."

he had asked you to talk about what has happened to your hand. and so you explained. "oh, during the fight, i punched toudou and-" you were interrupted by inumaki who looked at you with a slightly shocked expression.

"salted cod roe?" he spoke while looking you in the eye. you smiled a little before answering, "yes i was surprised either, i didnt think i could land a hit on a third year either." you finished and laughed sheepishly while rubbing the back of your neck.

"but besides that, he grabbed my fist and pressured it alot, i thought it would break but there is no injury whatsoever." you continued as you sighed at the memory. "thats why im confused."

catching you off guard, he took your hand in his and walked a little slower. he started checking for any injuries and told you to open and close your hand repeatedly.

your eyes had slightly widened at his action but you let him continue anyways. he now held your hand in his and spoke up. "that is his cursed energy."

you widened your eyes even more at what you just heard, it wasnt a rice ball ingredient and to say that you were surprised was an understatement.

panda and megumi heard the violet eyed boy talk as well and turned around only to witness the sight of inumaki holding your hand while you were still looking at inumaki.

"... that is his cursed energy..?" you asked once again, still amazed. "salmon." is all he said. and you reasoned with him. "he applied cursed energy to prevent it from breaking, like a healing like technique?"

"salmon, salmon." the boy said as he gave you a closed eyed smile, unfortunately you couldnt see the lower half of his face due to his uniform but you were glad nonetheless.

panda was out of the 4 of you the most surprised. he had never seen inumaki speak like that besides in battle. even though he was shocked, he gestured megumi to continue walking as well.

after walking for some time while talking along, you guys finally reached nobara and maki and saw they were doing okay.

you smiled at the sight that nobara wasnt beaten up as badly as megumi. you really needed to get stronger to protect them. and then you spoke up, directed towards inumaki. "inumaki-senpai, do you want to spar when were back at jujutsu tech?"