66

"i cant believe this." nobara spoke up with anger in her voice, her eyebrows furrowed as the four of you neared the massive veil that was placed over shibuya city on halloween.

"this is shibuya on halloween!" she said as the four of you stopped walking, standing in front of the veil.

you looked up at the dark night sky, clearly seeing the dark colored difference that the large veil made as it laid over the huge city, even taking the tallest skyscrapers under the veil.

the streets were dimly lit, flickering streetlights casting long shadows on the pavement you walked on with inumaki, nitta and nobara.

the neon lights from the city stores casted a vibrant glow to the overall city, "its a veil that traps only regular people inside." you spoke up as your gaze remained on the veil.

"salmon..." inumaki said in agreement to your statement. the four of you were told by the higherups to stand by in case of emergency.

nitta akari spoke up as she saw the confusion on your faces, "it seems something happened here." she said as she turned her head, looking at the three of you from the side.

she spoke up, "everyone who came running up to the edge of the veil to escape cried the same thing.." she explained, catching your attention.

you turned your gaze to her, your eyes meeting hers as she continued speaking, "bring satoru gojo." she said as she recited the words of the civilians.

the four of you stood there for a mere twenty minutes when nitta finally got word from her supervisors, "alright!" she said as she held the phone next to her ear, hearing the following actions that need to be taken.

"yes, with kugisaki, inumaki and l/n." she said again, giving the information about the supervisors. nitta finished the call as she heard what to do in the new situation.

the three of you looked at nitta in anticipation, waiting for her orders and wondering what she had received. she got straight to the point, "the situation escalated." she said, cutting to the chase.

nitta contiued to speak up, the tips of her blonde hair swaying in the gentle breeze as she furrowed her brows, "kugisaki, you will go with me to floor B3F of the metro station." she ordered as she relied the information.

"l/n, inumaki." she said, now looking at you two, "the two of you will enter floor B4F." she said with a serious look on her face, her determination showing.

the three of you nodded and got ready, walking to the entrace of the underground metro stations, "our aim is to destroy the cursed objects that hold the veil in place." she said as the four of you walked down the stairs.

you looked at inumaki, reading his mind as you spoke up for the both of you, "we are ready." you said as you stood still, you two had to part ways and take another stairs down, entering the lowest floor.

nitta nodded, "good luck." she said as she had arrived with nobara. your brown haired companion spoke up before you departed, "dont die yet, i still need you." she said with a smile on her face.

you smiled in return, "i would never." you spoke up, joking with her, knowing that the outcome wouldnt possibly be as bad as that.

with that you four parted ways, nitta and nobara entering their floor as you and inumaki walked down to a floor lower, he spoke up, "scared?" he said as he looked at you, his turtleneck hiding his smile.

"never, i have you with me." you said as you looked at him, mimicking his smile as the two of you entered the floor.

"you know we are unstoppable after practicing our techniques together." you said as you revealed a small sword from your back, it was specifically made for you.

it was a very small weapon, the blade was about the size of your hand. the handle was colored black with two parallel golden stripes which reached the top of the silver blade, tracing to the bottom of the handle.

you held the weapon in case there would be a curse, inumaki followed after you and slowly unzipped his collar, preparing for potentional battle.

the both of you heard heavy footsteps around the corner, as if on que your footsteps became more silent as well as inumakis, you two were in sync as you approached the threat.

you looked at the long hallway which took a sharp left turn, that is where the footsteps were coming from. inumaki exhanged glances with you as you nodded, the both of you remaining as silent as possible as you reached the corner.

you leaned your back against the wall where you came from, a few centimeters away from turning the corner where the heavy footsteps came from, as you heard the sound clearer you could conclude it was not human.

it sounded like it had multiple legs, 'it sounds like six or maybe eight legs' you thought to yourself, you werent sure.

it was as if your boyfriend had read your mind, he also had his back against the wall, waiting for your command. you looked at him and he held out his hands.

he showed you his six fingers, which made you have a look of surprise on your face, your mouth made an 'o' shape as your eyebrows raised slightly.

you nodded, 'so it has six legs...' you thought to yourself, confirming that it wasnt human and most likely a curse.

slowly lowering yourself with your back against the wall you took out your blade and held it slightly around the corner, the blade acting as a mirror for your vision.

you saw in the blades reflection a huge curse, about the same height as you. it looked like a massive scorpion with a bright purple stinger on its tail, not only its stinger but also its pincers were bright purple.

luckily it wasnt looking your way and you could freely observe it from behind the corner, 'its walking swiftly, it doesnt have injuries and is in its best shape most likely.' you concluded in your head.

upon closer look through your blade you saw that there was flowing something inside the pinchers and tail of the skeleton, you saw the bright purple color slowly moving and conluded it as a fluid, 'its his blood.'

slowly moving your blade down you saw a small nail-like object wrapped in cursed sigils, 'that would be the object too...' you thought in your head.

you were satisfied by your observations and took in enough information, you continued to slowly retract your blade safely, back around the corner and held it in your hand.

remaining silent you turned to inumaki, you brought your face close to his ear as your hand laid on his shoulder.

"scorpion, hard exoskeleton (armor), stomach exposed." you whispered as you relied the information to toge, as silent as you could.

the white haired boy nodded as you distanced yourself from his ear, he silently whispered in return, asking for more details, "blood?" he asked, making sure your technique would be useful.

you nodded, a small smile creeping on your face as you realized you could use your technique with inumaki together.

the corners of inumakis mouth curled upwards upon seeing your answer, he held his hand out and displayed the number two with his hands, you knew what he meant.

in the past six months that you have been training you have come up with a few strategies, inumaki wanted to use the second strategy.

you nodded at him, your nonverbal communication being top notch as you had to stay as silent as possible.

finally you stretched out your hand, your palm facing upwards as inumaki placed his hand in yours, his smile never faltering and ready to go.

his hand fit perfectly into yours, his warmth gave you even more motivation as you two held hands together and approached the curse.

the both of you walked around the corner, being met with the curse facing its back to you, "lets go." you said as you set the plan into motion.