17

you smiled silently to yourself while walking deeper and deeper into the forest. you were glad mai was actually a quite decent person behind that flirty demeanor of hers.

rubbing the back of your neck, it was still aching after mai had you in a chokehold. she sure was a strong woman.

with one foot in front of the other, you kept on walking while looking around in the forest. you had to find someone by now, or at least a cursed spirit.

after you parted ways with maki and megumi, maki had tossed a small sword in your direction, you kept it hidden nevertheless since you never had any training with it.

you got the sword from the back of your uniform and inspected it. it was a silver sword with a black and gold handle, there was also was a thin gold streak coming vertically, from the tip of your new weapon, all the way to the handle.

after remembering the fight between you and mai, you were glad you didnt use your sword, it wouldve just gotten in the way or get pierced with her cursed energy bullets.

twisting and turning the new sword, you inspected it even further and tried to make some moves with it. you didnt had anyone to fight with anyways.

you remembered that miwa was also a good sword user, you made a mental note to maybe ask her on some tips, as you thought that she was a nice person.

you grabbed the sword firmly and slid it onto the back of your uniform, it sticked to it somehow. you didnt know how but it didnt matter.

'so that is how they always get their weapons out if thin air during combat, huh.' you thought to yourself. you had seen that maki and megumi did that very often.

you looked up towards the sky, expecting to see a beautiful white blue-ish sky with some clouds but you were greeted with trees and leaves blocking your view of the sky.

the place you were in was quite different from where you fought mai, that was an open place with lots of sunlight, which is logical since it was still evening, around 5PM to be exact.

this place was rather gloomy, the trees stood close to each other making the broad sunlight difficult to reach between them. it was a little dark but you could still see clearly.

suddenly you felt an unknown presence behind you, up in the trees. you turned around immediately and slightly crouched down to be in a defensive position.

frowning your brows, you scanned the tree that seemed to bear the presence. you started standing straight up again and walked around it.

your eyes widened as you came to stand face to face with a cursed spirit that was hanging upside down on the back of the tree. you instantly got into a fighting stance.

the curse seemed to notice you as well and got off the tree, now laying in front of your feet. it was a long snake-like creature with just a single eye on its head.

in comparison with the other curses, it didnt look as disgusting as them, this one was rather okay looking. the curse didnt have a mouth nor nose, just a single eye.

you figured it wouldnt be a very dangerous curse and drew your sword. this moment was great to practice your sword skills a bit.

holding the sword in one hand and in front of you, you slowly approached the curse. you then got the sword towards your opposite shoulder while bending your arm.

ready to strike it, you swayed your arm towards the curse, and sliced right through it. you felt a gust of wind come from your sword and then you realized something crucial.

'... oh. i needed to exorsice it with cursed energy.' you told yourself while rubbing the back of your neck once again. you slumped over a little as you saw the curse regenerate.

without any care you held your sword in front of you again, thinking of it as one of your other limbs and trying to let some cursed energy flow through it.

with no avail, you didnt process the fact that you angered the curse. honestly it was just vibing untill you decided to slaughter it. so its understandable that the curse got mad.

you figured you wouldnt have any time to practice your sword skills anymore and hid the sword onto the back of your uniform.

just in time since the curse came rushing towards you, it was extremely fast. you dodged a few punches as the snake like curse kept coming from you.

trying to read its pattern, you saw it left an opening and reached out your hand, completely breaking your defensive position and grabbed the curse by their tail.

you got the snake into your other hand, now holding it by their head. it was squirming under your touch and quite difficult to keep holding. you then concentrated your shockwave into your hand that was holding the curse.

holding the curse up high by their head. you were planning on just slamming it into the ground with your shockwave, it was one of the simplest ideas your mind could come up with.

you held the curse above your head and inhaled deeply. then rushing your hand towards the ground while bending through your knees.

its head had made contact with the hard and cold ground. not a second later, your shockwave broke the ground slightly under your hand.

you couldve had a more powerful technique if it didnt lag. even though the lag was about one to two seconds at a maximum.

looking at the cracks in the floor, you still had your hand on the curses head. it had stopped moving though. you lifted your hand and saw the curse dissolving into small, red particles into the wind.

you remembered gojo explaining that if you were to exorcise a curse, it would go up into red flames. if a kyoto student were to exorcise it, it wouldve been a blue fire.

smiling at yourself after seeing the red fire, you spoke up in satisfaction. "thats one more closer to the win."