20

your mouth parted at the fact that the curse spoke, even if it was in a strange, foreign language, it still used its vocal cords.

this was most likely that cursed spirit from gojos sketch, you were about 90% sure. that other 10% was because gojo didnt mention any cursed spirit carrying something on their shoulder in a huge clot.

if this was one of those cursed spirits gojo fought against, he surely wouldve mentioned such a crucial detail.

but he had not mentioned it, so you could not jump to conclusions. all you knew now was that this was a special grade curse and there was no way that only the two if you could defeat it.

inumaki who stil had both his hands on your shoulder and side of your arm, seemed to understand the situation too. he already knew the outcome of this upcoming battle.

with his widened eyes, he did the only rational thing that you could do in a situation like this.

he pushed you fast down to the ground with him, you now laid face down on the hard ground while looking slightly up to see if you could pinpoint the location of the curse.

inumaki did so too and laid down on your left side of your body so you wouldnt get up to fight it, he knew how much you hated to go in hiding to avoid fighting. its just like what you did when you lost yuuji in that one battle with another special grade.

at that time, megumi told you to flew the scene too, and it only resulted in the death of youe comrade. that is why you decided that you wouldnt be running anymore. and in order to do that, you had to become stronger.

its as if this curse never saw you guys in the first place, it kept on walking to a completely different direction. as if it had other plans. but the curse surely took their time.

with inumakis chest pressed against your back and his arm still around you, you couldnt move at all. you wanted to get up and fight it in an instant but he wouldnt let you.

the special grade curse walked away slowly but surely. without a word, the two of you held your breath as anything could mean life or death at the moment.

you knew you would at least one more person to be able to fight the curse and you cursed yourself for not asking if mai could just join you in the search of finding the cursed spirit.

it would mean the sister school exchange event would end in a draw though, but you preferred that than being unable to fight, laying on the ground to hide and feeling helpless.

you felt inumakis chest rise and fall against your back, he was slightly anxious at the current situation. you tried to reassure him, "inumaki-senpai, dont worry, the curse is walking away." you whispered to him.

looking up more to see where exactly the curse was, you added, "we will be fine." you breathed out and you questioned yourself if that would seriously be true.

the two of you already witnessed the strength it had earlier when it beheaded that first grade cursed spirit.

noticing inumakis chest rising and falling at a slower rate against your back, you knew he relaxed from your words. you were glad it worked and visibly calmed too.

the footsteps of the special grade seemed to slowly fade away into the distance and inumaki and you both exhaled deeply after holding a breath for so long, in order to not make any noise.

inumaki who was still laying on half of your body relaxed once again, but not fully. he let his head fall on your shoulder and started taking deep breaths.

you let him stay in this situation as he needed to calm down more, jujutsu sorcerers always need to have a clear mind when making decisions, otherwise the outcome can be fatal.

he let go of your arm and used his free hand to help himself stand up. after he stood up you did so too. the two of you now standing, with only one thing on your mind.

you immediately spoke up, "what is its objective, because it clearly was not to kill us." you said while frowning. while still dusting your uniform from the leaves and dirt that was on your uniform, inumaki spoke up.

"sukuna." he said while frowning at the creature in the distance. although it was a single word he said, it made more and more sense as time passed.

"they probably want to retrieve sukuna then, and in order to do that..." you said but couldnt finish your sentence as you couldnt think of any idea.

inumaki helped you with your conclusion once again, "sukunas fingers." he told you while looking at you. it didnt even cross your mind that he wasnt talking in rice ball ingredients now, as you were too absorbed by the current situation.

"oh! thats right, thank you senpai." you spoke while giving him a smile. looking forward again to continue walking, but something felt off.

inumaki noticed it too, it seemed to come from the distance. you narrowed your eyes and stood slightly closer inumaki who was next to you.

the two of you both looked at the same point, the exact direction where the special grade cursed spirit went off to.

you noticed a random grey-ish dot in the far distance, the longer you two looked, the bigger it became. after a while it started changing into a silhouette of something unknown.

it became bigger and bigger and you saw it was running towards you two now. you crouched down and slightly started flowing some cursed energy through your legs.

inumaki prepared himself too, he had zipped his collar halfway down now. you gasped as you seemed to wrap your head around what was running towards you guys.

then it stopped running and slowly approached the two of you while walking. it was that one special grade curse from not even two minutes ago.

it didnt seem to want to fight, and spoke instead. "¿sregnif sanukus tuoba gniklat erew owt uoy"