Teiko Elementary School

"Now then Yui-chan, today is your first day at school. Make sure you behave and obey the teacher okay?" Miss Hana said as she straightened the uniform on the tiny girl.

"Yes, Miss Hana," Yui responded. Despite having an older mentality, Yui still felt nervous.

'I probably would've graduated uni by now and had a job.' she thought. Her age would be in the early twenties but right now, she was but six years old. The caretaker fussed over her a little more before grabbing her hand and walking to the school gate.

There was a big sign on the entrance saying 'TEIKO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL' and Yui did a double-take on it. 

Why...did that sound so familiar? It couldn't be, right?

Yui shook off the weird feeling she had and followed Miss Hana into the school.

Since it was the first day of school, there were a lot of kids and parents walking around. There was a lot of crying and screaming and the parents tried their best to get children to let go of them. Yui remembered she was once like that.

The pair arrived at the main office and lined up outside with other parents. Yui's eye caught a patch of dark blue hair coming towards them and saw a boy her age scowling and grumbling. 

His skin was very tan, more than an average Japanese person which means he must've spent a lot of time out in the sun.

Wait a minute...dark blue hair, tan skin...Teiko...Ehhh?!

Yui's eyes widened in shock as she got a closer look at the grumpy kid. Just as she thought, that young boy was none other than the future ace of the Teiko basketball team, Aomine Daiki.

'This...did I really come to the KnB world? I'm not dreaming right?'

Before Yui's thoughts could stray further, a tug on her arm pulled her into the office.

A few minutes later, she came out still trying to calm her beating heart. If she really did come to the KnB universe then would she also meet the other characters? Probably, considering they all went to Teiko.

Now the obvious question which all universe travelers ask when they are reborn into their favorite stories is 'Should she change the plot?' Nope...no bad idea.

Yui shook her small head of such thoughts. Making changes to the plot may affect the perfect ending and of course, she wouldn't want that. 

For instance, what if she somehow made Akashi win in the end? If that happened then everything that was built might come collapsing down.

Eventually, Yui concluded that the best course of action was to make as little contact with the main characters as possible and simply watch the story progress.

Of course, things never go the way they're planned.

-*-*-*-*-

Yui was walking through the orphanage when she heard a strange voice talking to the head caretaker. Being curious, she pressed her ear against the door and listened.

"What do you mean the orphanage is being bought? And what on earth is this about the new policy??"

'Hmm? Someone bought the orphanage?'

"Mrs. Tanaka, I'm sorry but it is true."

Mrs. Tanaka was beyond furious, "Look, Mr. Ito, I don't mind this place getting bought and renovated but what about that ridiculous policy? It states that once the children reach high school, they must leave?!"

Yui gasped. What the-why was she so unlucky? She would have to leave this place when she turned 15?! There must be some law against this.

Mrs. Tanaka must've thought the same thing and asked Mr. Ito, "I'm sure there's some law against this, isn't there? You can't expect mere children to survive on their own at 15."

Mr. Ito looked guilty, "Unfortunately...the buyer of this orphanage is pretty high up in the government and has a lot of influence over many industries. Going against him is pretty much asking for a death wish."

So that was it huh? Yui guessed the buyer bought this place to make himself look good. He probably didn't care about how many lives he was toying with.

 Poor Mrs. Tanaka could do nothing but comply with the new policy.

By the next week, all children 15 and above were sent away with nothing but a bit of cash and their private belongings. 

Even Yui, who rarely cared for anything but anime and manga, couldn't help but feel sad and angry for them.

It would soon be her turn in a matter of years so what on earth was she going to do.

Throughout the year, Yui spent her time doing two things; avoiding the main characters and planning her future survival.

For the first one, avoiding the characters was relatively easy considering they all stood out like sore thumbs with their rainbow hair and she was even able to avoid the phantom of the team. 

Of course, right now, they did not interact with each other and no one else seemed to mind their outrageous hair colors.

Currently, they were but normal young kids who played around. Well, Akashi seemed much too mature for his age but that was to be expected. 

He was the one to look out for the most with his creepy Emperor Eye.

As for Yui's planning for the future, she luckily had a bit of help.

Miss Hana was a kind and honest soul. When little Yui came to her for help and permission to use her computer, she wasn't sure what she was going to expect.

 Imagine her surprise when the girl began typing furiously on the computer as if she's done it before and started writing a story.

Yui told Miss Hana that she planned to become a web novel author to earn money for when she is forced to leave the orphanage. 

Miss Hana thought it was a joke at first until Yui began typing. Suffice to say, she was shocked and realized how serious the girl was.

With Miss Hana's help, they made an account for Yui and signed the contract under Miss Hana's name which she would transfer to Yui when it was time for her to leave.

With that, Yui felt like a huge burden was lifted off her chest. Miss Hana allowed Yui to use her computer whenever she wanted and Yui continued her writing.