Vacation / Training Camp

"It's the sea!!"

"Let's swim!"

"This is a training camp, idiots!"

The Seirin team arrived at the inn that looked ominous.

"Hmm, this looks...questionable..." Koganei squinted.

"It looks run-down," Kagami blanched. Kuroko asked for the restroom and Hyuuga growled at them to shut up.

"Do your best brats. Lay a hand on my daughter and I'll kill you," a certain over-protective father threatened.

"Coach's dad is as scary as ever," Hyuuga paled.

"Hai! Don't just stand there! Let's go," Riko called.

The boys made their way to the beach where they were met with two basketball rims and an improvised sand court.

Riko explained to the startled team that the thing Seirin needed most right now was individual growth. Not to play individually but to improve their own abilities and bring it all together. Playing on the sand should assist them in a way. The team were to do three times the training they usually do. Everyone aside from Riko wanted to shed tears for their poor bodies.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Good grief, what the heck is with this heat?!" Yui muttered squinting at the sea.

"If I recall, you were the one who wanted to come out here for a vacation," Niko said pushing her brand new sunglasses up her nose. Yui flinched. It wasn't like she could tell her the reason she wanted to come out here was to sta–*cough* observe Seirin's training.

"We might as well enjoy the sea while we're here," Ryu said taking off his shirt. As he undid his pants, the rest of his siblings burst out in laughter at his neon orange swimming trunks.

"Bwahahahaha!!! Nice swimming trunks bro!" Sora laughed. He had to wipe the tears from his eyes. Niko and Yui were laughing too hard to talk. Ryu scowled at the group. "I'll have you peasants know that these swimmers are the trending design,"

"Sure, if you were looking to be a traffic light," Niko giggled. Ryu just huffed and walked away muttering something about 'unfashionable bastards'.

Hiroshi couldn't make it due to work so it was only these four siblings who came on vacation. Atsushi whined about how he couldn't come and the family promised that they will all go to the beach when he comes for the holidays.

Niko took off her t-shirt and her shorts to reveal a very curvy body that attracted the eyes of many. She didn't seem to mind the stares and went to go swim. Sora began flirting with a group of girls leaving Yui by herself. Yui had a one piece swimming suit on but wore a loose t-shirt and denim shorts. Her goal wasn't to come swim after all but to take photos of Seirin training. More specifically, of Kuroko and Kagami.

The court was on the other side of the beach which meant Yui had to walk quite a bit to arrive there.

She watched as the boys struggled to pass the ball and Kagami falling after a failed dunk. Quickly, she snapped shots of the fallen boy and chuckled when Kuroko tried to bounce the ball. This was the first time she got to see Seirin up close and she was relishing it. Seeing their shirtless chests was a bonus. Any girl should appreciate such things.

She wasn't sure how long she was watching them but her legs were growing numb from crouching too long and she decided to take a break and walk along the beach.

Aside from the insane heat, it was a beautiful day. The sun was high in the sky, there were no clouds and there was a nice breeze from the ocean. All would've been perfect had a couple of assholes not come up to flirt with her.

"Hey pretty lady, you alone here?" a guy with short black hair came too close for Yui's liking.

"No. I'm here with my family," Yui answered curtly.

"Eh? I don't see them anywhere. Why don't you hang with us?" the guy's friend said smirking. Yui glared at them and was about to answer and a large had rested on the guy's shoulder.

"And what would you gentlemen want with my precious imouto?" Ryu asked smiling. His tone was threatening though. The boys cowered in the face of the titan and scampered off after apologising. Yui breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you Ryu-nii. How'd you find me?"

Ryu rubbed Yui's head. "I was just walking around and saw my cute imouto getting hit on. You're lucky I was close. Don't go off by yourself without telling us okay?"

'But you guys left me.' Yui thought. Regardless, she thanked Ryu again and apologised. Ryu told her they were going back to the inn and Yui checked the time.

'Wow. Just how long were I watching them?'

Yui sent one more glance to the court and quickly hurried after her brother.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, Niko and Ryu went back to the beach while Sora stayed back in the inn due to sunburn and Yui took a stroll to the inn where the players were staying at. 'Shutoku should be arriving tomorrow.'

She messaged Kagami asking what he was up to right now. He replied saying the team were resting before beginning training. It was the perfect time to meet with him. She told him to come to the beach.

[Eh? Why?]

[Just come.]

Kagami scratched the back of his head. He was worried the girl was up to something again but went to the beach anyway. He was surprised when he saw her standing alone looking at her phone.

"Why the hell are you here?"

"That's not how you greet your best friend," Yui grinned. Kagami rolled his eyes at her. This girl was definitely stalking him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came for vacation with my siblings. How's your training camp?"

The two sat down on the sand and started chatting.

"Painful,"

Yui hummed. "I'm sure you'll see the results soon."

Kagami didn't say anything but stared at the girl as if trying to figure her out. In all honesty, Kagami found Yui very mysterious and different. Something about her seemed...off. Not in a bad way but he would be lying if he said he wasn't curious to know more about her.

Yui bit her lip as she felt Kagami's stare. She knew that hiding too many secrets from him could spoil their friendship so she decided to come clean.

"Kagami-kun, there something I should tell you," Yui started.

"What?"

"....Look it wasn't like I was trying to hide it or anything but I wasn't sure how to bring it up. It isn't something too serious but I think you'll be surprised."

"What is it?" Kagami was getting impatient.

"Well, in middle school...I went to Teiko. The same as the GOM. Not only that, I was friends with them," Yui slowly. "Mainly with Kuroko and Momoi though since we were in the same class."

"Seriously?"

"Yep. Nowadays, they feel like they're in a whole other world but they were good friends. We lost contact after...." Yui didn't continue. It wasn't really her place to tell him what happened during the championship and Kuroko would tell them anyway. "Anyway, I just thought I should let you know,"

Kagami wasn't sure what to say. He definitely wasn't expecting this but something told him there were other things she was leaving out. He wasn't one to push into someone's life so he didn't ask. When she wanted to, she would tell him since they were friends.

"I see. I–" Kagami was cut off when his phone started ringing. He answered and a loud voice came through causing him to draw the phone away from his ear.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!!" a very angry Riko shouted. "BAKAGAMI!! You better have your ass back in 5 minutes or I'll make you do 5 times the training!"

Kagami paled and quickly ran off after saying goodbye to Yui. Yui chuckled and waved at his back. Staring at that broad back, this weird feeling came over Yui and she blushed shaking her head. 'No way. There's no way...'