Back to Akashi Mansion

"Your former captain...lives here?" Himuro stared at the massive mansion. Murasakibara said nothing but nodded and Yui pursed her lips.

"You're pretty rich too, Murochin"

"That's nothing compared to this." Himuro muttered.

Yui pressed on the speaker button.

[Akashi residence. Who am I speaking to?]

"Um it's Yui and Atsushi,"

[.....You may come in]

The big gate opened and the three walked in. Himuro, despite his poker face, seemed partly nervous having entered the  former generation of miracles captain's estate. 

Once they reached the main door, it opened before Yui could knock and they were greeted by Akashi himself.

"You're late."

Yui's eye twitched but she maintained a calm expression. "There was a lot of traffic."

"Hmm," Akashi eyed the brunette before turning to the two behind her. "Atsushi, it seems you managed to convey my message properly to your sister."

Murasakibara merely shrugged in response and popped a chip in his mouth. The red-head didn't seem fazed by the giant's lack of manners and turned to the pretty boy.

"You must be Atsushi's friend, Himuro Tatsuya. Nice to meet you," Akashi greeted.

Himuro nodded in return. "Nice to meet you too Akashi-san. Atsushi's mentioned you a few times."

"Yes I'm sure." Akashi sent a calm look to the giant before walking inside. "Come in. We'll head straight to the kitchen."

"Hai." Yui said following Akashi. The other two boys trailed behind and Himuro took the time to observe the inside of the mansion. The maids came and took their jackets and bags, much to Himuro's surprise and ushered them to the kitchen.

When the entered, the kitchen staff paused to look at them and brightened upon recognising a familiar face.

"Yui-chan! You're back," One of the female cooks said coming to hug the girl. "Hope you got some new recipes with you. Senpai's been missing your assistance."

The said senpai merely huffed in embarrassment and continued with his work making everyone else in the kitchen snicker ~ 'Tsundere'

"What will you be cooking today?" the head chef asked. Yui tapped on her chin before whispering it to him making the man raise an eyebrow. She shrugged, "It's for an apology."

"Well I'll leave you to it. Try not to explode the stove again."

Yui blushed and squeaked, "I-It was ONE time!! And it wasn't just me," she turned to two other workers who were part of the incident two years earlier and they looked away whistling. Yui clicked her tongue and looked towards the three boys.

"You guys can wait somewhere. I'll bring the food when I'm done."

"Do you need help?" Himuro asked politely. Yui shook her head, "It's fine. I won't be making something too complicated."

"Atsushi, Himuro-kun, let's leave Yui to cook," Akashi said. Murasakibara glanced at his sister before following the red-head out with Himuro in tow. 

Now that they were gone, the tension in the kitchen was lifted from Akashi's pressure and the staff continued their work. Yui already knew where the ingredients were kept and took out what she wanted before finding a free work space and making her dish.

Roughly forty minutes passed and Yui carried her pot to Akashi and the other two with the help of a maid. 

Murasakibara smelled the food before he saw it and sat up straight with anticipation. The three had moved to a proper dining table and waited for Yui to place the pot on the table. 

"That smells good Yui-san. What is it?" Himuro asked curiously. 

"Tofu soup." 

Akashi looked at the brunette who scratched her cheek in embarrassment. "It's my apology Akashi-san."

Akashi understood what Yui was talking about and the edge of his lip curved up slightly. "Apology accepted,"

The maid served a bowl each for the four teens who said, "Ittadakimasu!" in unison and eagerly dug in. 

It was an odd group of people however, the four seemed to get along well. Akashi was courteous and conversed with Himuro while Yui occasionally joined in and Murasakibara would throw comments every now and then. When it's not related to competition, Akashi can be a lot more sociable though Yui was still wary around him.

Himuro's poker face didn't indicate any emotion and Yui had no idea what he was thinking. Her brother told her about his school life in Akita and she listened with interest. He apparently joined the health committee for some reason but Yui reckoned he barely took part in their activities.

"And what have you been up to Yui? You haven't said much," Akashi asked. Her spoon froze and she nervously chuckled while avoiding eye-contact. 

"Oh not much. Just the usual home schooling things, you know..." 

Her vague response earned suspicious looks but Yui pretended not to notice them. Ensuring they don't question her further, Yui changed the topic to the up-coming Winter Cup which both Rakuzan and Yosen qualified for.

"Yes, Yosen did well in the inter-high but the winner will be Rakuzan." Akashi stated. Murasakibara narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything. Yui smirked and leaned on the palm of her hand. "Ne, do you guys wanna make a bet?"

"?" 

The boys looked at her and she continued, "My guess is that Yosen won't make it to the semi-finals and Rakuzan won't win."

Akashi and Murasakibara looked at her with narrowed eyes. Himuro looked mildly surprised.

"That is an interesting bet to make. It makes me wonder where you get your confidence from?" Akashi stared at her with a smile but his eyes were cold.

"No where really but it'll be fun won't it?" Yui smiled. Inwardly, she was cursing her loose lips again. 

"The result will not change however, for entertainment's sake, I will take part. If I win, you'll have to do my bidding for two months straight." Akashi smirked. 

Yui paled but realised it was only fair since Akashi was already rich and had basically everything. She gulped and spoke, "Very well. Then if I win, each of you gotta pay me 3000 yen each."

Murasakibara snorted, "That would mean if you lose, you'd have to pay Murochin and I the same amount each."

"Exactly. So, wanna shake on it?"

Yui held out her hand and Akashi shook it. "I hope you'll be able to afford the consequences Yui,"

She merely smiled in return.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

A/N: Do give me a follow for more story updates. : )