This is why you don't go to shady places.

Kagami stood at the broken gate looking annoyed. Rio and Hiro wore nervous expressions while Yui and Haruka looked excited. Akito just looked uninterested.

Yui pushed open the gate that made a loud creaking noise and the group entered the building premises. It was so old that weeds had begun to grow all around and vines intertwined the fencing. The place was gloomy and dark but maybe that was just the cloudy weather.

Either way, Kagami knew it was a bad idea coming here but did he say anything? Nope. At this point, he was gonna 'go with the flow'.

The double doors at the entrance were relatively large meaning it was probably left open the whole day for workers to go in and out and transport things easily. Yui wasn't able to get them open and turned to Kagami with a cute smile making the boy's ears turn pink. He clicked his tongue annoyed and pushed open the doors.

Haruka caught his pink ears and smirked knowingly.

The group entered and had only walked a few steps when the doors suddenly shut behind them with a loud bang making them jump in surprise.

Rio paled. "No no no no. We've been locked in!!" He broke out into cold sweat and started muttering nonsense in a panic. Akito whacked his head. "Shut up. It shouldn't be locked since it wasn't when we came in. It's probably the wind."

Yui took this time to observe the room. It was incredibly dark but luckily she had brought three torches with her.

Kagami and her shared one (obviously), Akito and Rio had the other, and Haruka and Hiro had the last one.

Kagami switched it on and shone it around the room. Around them lay bits and pieces of rusty equipment and machines. There were a few tables and chairs stacked on the side that were covered in dust and cobwebs. The ceiling was covered with mould.

Yui was the first one to move forward tugging Kagami with her while the others followed slowly behind.

The passed many rooms and storage areas all looking creepier than the former.

When they finally arrived at the staircase leading down to basement, that's when Rio backed away.

"Oh no. There ain't no way I'm going down there."

Yui didn't pay attention and her sense of adventure and curiosity was too strong that she couldn't help but go down. Kagami, unwilling to leave the reckless girl by herself, followed after with the torch.

Rio and Hiro were adamant about not going and just stayed at the top of the staircase while Akito and Haruka went down.

The basement door was unlocked so getting in wasn't an issue. The problem came after when they opened the door and were welcomed but a revolting smell. Yui lifted her hoodie to cover her nose, as did the others.

"Ugh, I think I might vomit." Haruka muttered. "What is that smell?"

"It's smells kinda like a dead animal or something." Kagami said. He shone the flashlight around the room looking for the supposed source. The basement was filled with cardboard boxes and a few random items.

Suddenly, there was a squeak and a massive rat ran past the group making Yui yelp and stumble back into Kagami who caught her.

"You okay?" he asked.

Luckily for her, it was dark so Kagami couldn't see her blush. She let out a cough, "I'm fine. I just really hate rats."

Meanwhile, Haruka and Akito who saw what happened, snickered in silence.

Kagami, who caught Yui, felt his heart rate speed up ever so slightly. The two fell into an awkward silence before Akito spoke.

"Hey guys, there's something here."

The group went to where he was standing and saw something behind one of the boxes. Akito removed the box and Haruka shone the torch to see what it was. As soon as the light hit the space, all of them let out gasps and retreated back.

Yui's face was filled with horror as were the others for behind that box, lay a freaking human bone...or so they think.

"That's...not what I think it is, right?" Haruka said with wide eyes.

The others weren't sure what to say because the bone looked way too real and defined for it to be something else.

Yui gulped before looking around for a stick or something. She found a rusty metal one and picked it up before poking around in the space near the bone.

"O-Oi! What are you doing?!" Kagami asked trying to tug her back.

Yui didn't answer and instead grabbed the torch from his hands and shining in the place she poked around.

"I thought so."

Kagami glanced at where she shone the torch and his pupils constricted considerably. There lay more bones and...a very human skull.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

< 30 minutes later >

The six friends were outside the building currently being interviewed by police. It was Rio's turn to answer questions and he did so with a nervous expression. Who knew their little adventure led to them making a big discovery.

After Yui had discovered the bones, she knew their little adventure was to come to end and left the building to call the police who arrived 8 minutes after.

The detectives went to the basement followed by the forensics team who identified the bones as human ones. Now, the six were being questioned.

"First of all, you six do realise you trespassed on this property right?" The policeman said raising an eyebrow.

The group let out nervous chuckles. Yui said sheepishly, "We didn't think anyone owned it."

"It still belongs to the Fujiwara family though they have never used it."

'Oh crabcakes! Are we going to jail?'

"Usually we would be on the way to the station and making a call to your parents..."

The group winced and started sweating anxiously.

The policeman continued with a smile, "...but since you all have led to this major discovery, I'll pretend this never happened."

The six looked at the policeman with wide eyes. Yui let out a sigh of relief, since it would technically be her fault if they ended up at the police station because she brought them here.

After exchanging a few more words, the police let the group leave much to their relief.

"Freaking hell! I thought I was dead," Rio exclaimed.

"My parents would have murdered me if we went to the station. Thank goodness that policeman dude was chill," Akito sighed.

As the four delinquents marched in front chatting, Kagami and Yui stayed at the back in silence.

Kagami was really tempted to give the girl a good scolding but noticed her hands were shaking. Yui, despite putting on a confident and unafraid face, was in fact really shocked upon discovering the human bones and was still thinking about it. The scene more or less haunted her though she did her best to cover it up.

Suddenly, in the midst of her inner crisis, she felt something warm cover her hand and looked down to see Kagami's big hand holding hers'. She looked up and saw the red-head looking straight forward with his usual grumpy expression.

"Kagami-kun..."

"...Yui, you're a real idiot."

Yui blinked at the sudden insult but then smiled and blushed. 'Dammit Kagami-kun. What are you doing to me?'

The two continued to hold each others' hands until they had to part ways.

______________________________

A/N: Yeah this chapter just went all over the place and I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this. If you read it without cringing then congratulations.