Midnight Snacking with Brothers

"Pssst,"

Yui ignored the sound.

"Pssst, wake up imouto,"

Yui groaned annoyedly but opened her eyes only to nearly scream the a big figure leaning over her bed with hair falling in front of his face.

"Holy- What are you doing in my room Atsu-nii? You nearly gave me a heart-attack," Yui sat up and clutched her chest. She thought some creep snuck into her room to kill her or something.

"I'm hungry," the giant said ignoring the last statement.

"...Then go get something to eat from the kitchen. Why wake me?"

"...I want you to cook something,"

Yui felt her eye twitch at this child. She glanced at the digital clock on the side and grimaced at the time. 12.30 am.

"Can't you just munch on some snack or something?" Yui really wanted to go back to sleep. She hadn't been able to sleep well the last few nights because of the unfamiliar environment and tonight she actually managed to go off to dreamland. That is until a certain gluttonous brother woke her up.

"I want you to cook something. I won't be able to sleep until you make me food," Atsushi didn't back down.

Yui sighed and reluctantly crawled out of her warm covers and slipped on some slippers. She was wearing a pair of new pyjama shorts and a matching top that Niko had bought for her. The two made their way down stairs when Yui stopped.

"Shhh, do you hear that?" she whispered to her brother. He nodded and came to stand in front of her. There was a clanging in the kitchen and they could hear cupboards being opened. The lights were out so they couldn't see a figure.

"A thief?" Atsushi murmured. He and Yui crept closer to the kitchen with Yui grasping the back of his shirt when a large figure suddenly walked out.

The figure screamed. Yui screamed. Atsushi tackled the figure to the ground.

All of a sudden, there were loud footsteps and the lights were turned on.

"What happened?" Hiroshi ran out. Niko, Sora, and their parents came down the stairway after hearing the noise and saw Atsushi on top of someone. Yui realised someone was missing and took a better look at the figure on the ground groaning in pain.

"Wait a sec, Ryu-nii??"

Atsushi looked down and saw his brother, mouth full of cookies, glaring back at him. He got off and the two stood up.

"What the hell Atsu? Why did you tackle me?" Ryu barked angrily.

"Wait what is going on here?" Their mom spoke. She, like everyone else, thought something bad happened when they heard a scream.

"Atsu-nii and I were going to grab something from the kitchen when heard someone in there. Ryu-nii came out and screamed when he saw us and then I screamed as well. Atsu-nii ended tackling him thinking he was a thief," Yui explained.

"Sorry for waking you all,"

Everyone sighed. It wasn't anything big and Niko grumbled some incoherent words before going back to her room with Hiroshi behind her. Sora yawned and left with the parents and the trio who caused the ruckus were left alone.

"Why are you two here?" Ryu asked a little harshly. He was still upset that he was tackled to the ground by his youngest brother. It hurt his ego.

"Well SOMEONE woke me up and insisted I cook something and wouldn't leave me alone," Yui muttered scratching her head. She glared at Atsushi who pretended not to notice and ushered her into the kitchen.