Start of GOM

Time Skip > 6 years

Today was Yui's first day at Teiko Junior High. This was very significant to her as this was the beginning of the generation of miracles and the start of the main plot of Kuroko no Basuke. 

Throughout the 6 years in elementary school, Yui managed to keep a low profile aside from getting high marks in all her tests.

Of course, she made sure not to beat Akashi as she was worried he would come after her. That was just elementary school though so she had a feeling that Akashi would most likely come out on top here without her intentionally lowering her marks.

Yui made her way into the school and saw the famous school name outside. She was tempted to take a photo with it but restrained herself. 

Her legs carried her to her new classroom and she entered quietly and took a seat at the back.

A couple of students who were already in the class stared at her. Yui, although she may not know it herself, was quite cute and pretty. 

It didn't take much for kids going through puberty to notice her but she herself was completely unaffected.

It definitely annoyed her that she had a lot of attention so she hoped it would blow over soon. And it did because right after she took her seat, Momoi Satsuki walked in with all her pink hair glory and stole the spotlight.

 Unintentionally of course.

Nevertheless, Yui was thankful to the pink-haired girl for taking the attention. She stared outside the window waiting for a teacher when she heard the chair next to her pull out. 

Her eyes went to the side and she almost screamed.

Right next to her, in all his cuteness, was none other than the main character himself, Kuroko Tetsuya.

'Oh my gosh, he's so adorable. Too bad I can't interact with him too much,' Yui sighed. 

She really wanted to talk to him but she was afraid she'd slip up so she kept her mouth shut. Who knew that the blank-face boy would start talking to her first.

"Uh, excuse me,"

Yui's heart pounded in excitement but she kept her inner fan-girl under control before turning to Kuroko.

"Ah morning, can I help you?"

"I think I left my book at home. Is it okay if I share with you? I'm Kuroko Tetsuya by the way," he spoke in a small voice.

'My idol is asking for my textbook. How can I say no?'

"That's fine. I'm Arai Yui, Kuroko-kun." Yui calmly replied. She was trying to calm her nerves and she was worried her excitement might burst through. After all, she was talking to an anime character and one of her favorite ones at that.

"Nice to meet you Arai-san," he said. Like always, no one noticed his presence and several students already sat on him thinking the seat was empty before getting mini heart attacks. He had actually asked his other neighbor to share a textbook but was ignored.

When Yui-san responded to him, Kuroko was happy she noticed him and even happier she was willing to share her book. 

Unknown to Yui, she had already caught Kuroko's attention and interest when she noticed him.

-*-*-*-*-

Lunch came eventually and the students piled up at the cafeteria. Yui walked by herself and grabbed her lunch before finding a seat in the far-end corner. 

She observed the crowd and looked to see if she could pinpoint the targets.

Like the shining sun, Kise Ryouta waltzed into the cafeteria with girls surrounding him. The copycat smiled at them and even flirted with a few. 

Considering their age, Yui found it funny how such a young kid became a girl magnet and typical flirt.

After he walked in the green-haired 3-pointer, Midorima Shintaro and the Emperor, Akashi Seijuro who walked with an air of a king. Midorima walked slightly behind Akashi as if to show their standing Akashi was intimidating as ever.

Right after them came the giant and snack addict, Murasakibara Atsushi who was, unsurprisingly, stuffing himself with Japanese snacks. A couple of students made way for him feeling scared by his height.

Last but not least, Aomine Daiki and Kuroko Tetsuya walked in together however, neither Aomine nor the rest of the students notice the small boy. 

Except for Yui of course. She wondered why she easily spotted him and thought it was because she was consciously looking for him.

All of them grabbed their lunches and went to sit in different areas of the cafeteria. This was to be expected as they are not a team yet and do not know each other well. 

Yui was waiting for the day their team would finally form and swore to take a photo with them.

Yui came to love photography after getting a camera for herself some time back. She's been counting down the days till she'd be able to take a photo with all the main characters. 

Yui decided that taking a photo with them wouldn't really have an effect on the storyline and wasn't worried about it.

All she had to hope was that her mouth wouldn't go running without her permission.

-*-*-*-*-

Days passed and finally came the day where the Generation of Miracles played their first match as a team. Akashi had already scouted Kuroko and brought him up to the first string. Yui skipped school the day of Kuroko's first game and went to watch.

She cheered when Kuroko was finally sent up to play but winced when she saw his legs shaking.

= Down on the Court =

" Tetsu, relax...Heuk!" Aomine turned towards Kuroko and saw his legs shaking. 'Not good. He's like a newborn fawn right now.'

The players got into position and Akashi, who was walking in front of Kuroko, spoke in a calm voice.

"Stay calm Kuroko, take it easy- " Akashi turned back and saw Kuroko lying face-down on the floor. The other members also turned back.

Kuroko got up wearing no embarrassment and apologized. "Sorry. I tripped on my own foot. I'm fine," blood fell from his nose.

"No, you're not fine at all,"

Kuroko was subbed out after 1 second and the captain, Nijimura, was placed in. Yui pouted seeing her idol in such a sad state but also thought it was cute. 

Unlike everyone else, she knew that this wasn't his true self and he was just very nervous.

Nijimura scored a basket and was growled at by the coach because this was supposed to be a match to test the first-years.

[Author's Comment: Some of this may differ from the original story mainly because I'm working on memory and I'm too lazy to do proper research]

Yui watched on as the game progressed with Teiko winning thanks to the first-years being abnormally talented. She left the arena when the games finished and avoided the basketball team. Sure she was worried for Kuroko but she thought it'd be better to not interfere.

Arriving back at the orphanage, she was scolded for skipping school and received a long lecture from Mrs. Tanaka. No punishment was given though as this was one of the few times Yui caused trouble and all the adults knew she was more than capable of taking care of herself. 

She was told to tell them beforehand when she was going to go to a basketball game so they could excuse her from school.

-*-*-*-*-

Yui sat on the bleachers and took a few photos and videos of the game. She smiled when she saw Kuroko finally bringing into effect his misdirection and becoming a proper teammate. 

The players and audience were in a state of confusion and awe when they saw the ball 'curve' and land in the generation of miracles hands.

Midorima made his signature high-arc three-pointer. The game progressed and Aomine and Kuroko worked in sync, scoring basket after basket. 

Yui made sure to get as many snaps as possible to record these precious moments because she knew once Kise came and Haizaki was kicked off, things would slowly change.