Kise Here!

Yui sat and listened as the teacher spoke and wrote on the blackboard. Her mind was constantly replaying the game from a couple days ago and she doodled on her notebook. Kuroko stared at her from the side wondering what on earth was going through that curious mind of hers.

Kuroko was convinced that Yui was the most mysterious person he had seen, even more mysterious than Akashi. The two spoke now and again but it always seemed like she was holding back from something.

Another interesting thing was that although she was such a nice person with a bright personality, she was always by herself and kept herself out of the spotlight. Lastly, he noticed that ever since he had joined the first string basketball team, she had been present at all his games with a camera.

Of course he knew she wasn't a weird stalker, although the thought had crossed his mind, but he couldn't figure her out.

Yui had no idea what the blue-head was thinking about her but she'd probably bury herself away if she did. She knew the day was coming for Kise to join the team and felt excited. There were countless talks around the school about the blonde model and he was forever seen with a girl on his arm or two.

The bell rang signalling the end of class and Yui packed her things before quickly heading out the door and before Kuroko had the chance to talk to her. He admitted he enjoyed her company seeing as she was the only person who could 'see' him. Momoi came up to Kuroko and tackled him in a hug much to the glaring and jealous eyes of the other boys.

[Author's Comment: um okay so like I made a mistake...hehe. I don't think Kuroko and Momoi were in the same class but let's just pretend they are]

Yui walked down the hallway and turned a corner before bumping into someone and falling on her butt. She blinked and looked up only to see the man himself, Kise Ryouta, staring down at her with a worried expression.

"Oh sorry, are you okay?" Kise looked down at the girl and reached out his hand to help her up. The girl accepted his gesture and was easily pulled up by the model who stared at her face. Kise realised that the girl was actually pretty cute and immediately put on his prince charming smile.

"May I know the name of this pretty girl?" he flirted. Yui's lips twitched as she tried to hold back her laugh. To most girls, they would have fallen for him at this point but all Yui could see was the goofy copycat getting kicked by Kasamatsu.

"Arai Yui. You are Kise, the model and athletic prodigy right?"

Kise blinked for a moment seeing his smile had no effect on the girl. He recovered and answered.

"Hai Arai-chan. I didn't know I was that famous," he said with fake embarrassment. Yui really struggled to hold in her laughter at this point seeing his shamelessness. No wonder the GOM constantly bullied him.

"Of course you are. I don't believe there isn't a girl in this school who isn't fanning over you." Yui said. She glanced at her watch and looked back at Kise.

"Thanks for helping me up. I have to go now so...see ya," she left the stunned boy and ran off to her locker.

Kise looked at the back of the girl and thought for a moment. She was pretty unusual and surprisingly blunt. Interesting.

-*-*-*-*-

' Idiot, idiot...Yui, you are such an idiot,' Yui muttered to herself as she walked back to the orphanage. She was scolding herself for talking too much and cursed her bad luck for running into Kise.

Although she never showed it, Yui was slightly flustered at seeing Kise in person. The anime did him justice and he was indeed very appealing to the eyes. But if you think about it, majority of the boys in the anime were good-looking in their own way.