Training for Inter-high/ A hungry brother

<Seirin Gym>

The boys were waiting in the gym for Riko. They were handed the match-up schedules and were discussing the upcoming Inter-High. Hyuga explained what the Inter-high was and the first years listened intently. In the end, Kagami spoke up.

"I sort of get the picture but I think you're wrong about one thing. The teams are not chosen, they win it,"

The team smirked in agreement with his words. Later on, Kuroko told Kagami about the other four GOM as the team would end up playing Midorima who was in the same group and district as them.

"As Kise-kun said, the other four are on a whole other level and if they've gotten better, I cannot even imagine how good they'll be," Kuroko said to the team. It went utterly silent as everyone thought about the shadow's words.

The generation of miracles...were monsters.

Just then, Riko came in looking slightly distressed.

"Coach, you're not gonna skip today?" Furihata asked.

Riko glared at him. "Like hell I will,"

"Aho, she wouldn't skip for an official game," Hyuga said to Furihata who flinched.

"We shouldn't be worrying about Shutoku when our first game isn't looking so well," Riko muttered. Everyone looked stunned and worried.

"What do you mean?" the captain asked.

"One of their players might give us trouble,"

Riko handed Hyuga her phone. "You can watch the video later. But take a look at the picture."

Hyuga opened the phone expecting to see a strong player but was met with a cute kitten. The team looking over his shoulder blinked.

"This is cute but..." Hyuga uttered. Kuroko's eyes sparkled a bit at the photo and Riko waved her hand.

"Ah sorry, the next one,"

Seirin widened their eyes at the player on the screen. He was a transfer student from Senegal weighing 87 kg and was two meters tall.

"H-he's huge,"

"Can they do this?"

"Foreign student? Sorry, where's Senegal?"

That last one was Izuki.

"This Papa Mbaye- uh"

"How do you pronounce it? Papapan-"

The group got noisy trying to pronounce the player's name and Riko sighed and told Kuroko to pick a nickname to which he said 'Dad'.

"Dad. Dad's company is a Dud," Izuki quickly jotted down his new pun which for once was actually funny. The boys tried to hold their laughter but couldn't until Riko shut them up.

She went on to explain that the player wasn't just tall but had long arms and legs. Shinkyo, the team they were going to play against didn't stand out much however with the addition of this new foreign student, it changed the team's rankings.

"And so starting today, Kuroko-kun, Kagami-kun, you two will have your own training regime," Riko turned to the light and shadow. This was done to improve the two's coordination and syncing.

"The preliminaries begin on May 16th. Until then, you won't even have time to complain!"

""Hai!""

-*-*-*-*-

Yui circled the date of the Inter-high on her calendar. She tapped the pen on her chin and stared at the circle with a grin. 'Fufu, just a little while longer.'

Her incomplete scrapbook lay on her desk with paper cuttings and random decorations scattered around it. The phone in her pocket began to ring and she answered it without looking at the caller.

"Hello?"

A lazy voice came from the phone."...Imouto-chin,"

"Atsu-nii? This is a weird time to call. What happened?"

"I want to eat your dumplings,"

"...I see."

"Can you come to cook it?"

Yui felt her vein throb. 'This little–'

"Atsu-nii, we've been over this. I can't just come when you want,"

There was a pause before; "But I'm hungry,"

*Sigh*

"Don't you have anyone there to make it for you? What about your new friend Himuro?"

On the other side of the line, Murasakibara was lying on his bed with a sulking face. His friend, Himuro Tatsuya was looking at him with a questioning gaze when he heard his name.

"But it's not the same..." the giant muttered. Despite knowing his sister wouldn't take up his request to come to Akita, he still thought to try his luck.

Yui let out another sigh and told him to hand the phone to Himuro.

"....Hello?"

"Ah this is Himuro-san?"

"Hai. You must be Yui-san. How can I help you?"

"Eto, first of all, thank you for taking care of Atsu-nii. I know he can be a pain at times,"

Himuro chuckled. "It's nothing. He's my friend,"

Such a charming guy. It's no wonder he gets so many love letters.

"So um I heard from my brother about your cooking skills. It seems Atsu-nii will keep bothering me with my dumplings so I was hoping to trouble you about that,"

"What do you need me to do?"

"Just make it for him. I'll give you the recipe,"

Himuro got a pen and paper and noted down the ingredients and steps to cook the girl's signature dumplings. Murasakibara stared at him wondering what the two were talking about.

"Hai..hai. No worries. Bye," Himuro gave back the phone to his friend.

"Your sister seems like a nice girl," The pretty boy smiled. His friend didn't seem too happy hearing that and stared menacingly.

"...Atsushi, I don't like her like that. I just complimented her,"

Murasakibara calmed down a bit but still threatened him. "Imouto-chin, off-bounds."

So overprotective. If Yui knew this, she'd probably roll her eyes thinking her brother is only like that because he wants her to keep cooking for him.

Yui placed her phone down and her stomach grumbled. She made her way downstairs and into the kitchen where she almost bumped into Ryu.

"Ah sorry. Didn't see you there,"

"It's fine. Watcha up to?" Ryu asked with a muffled voice. His mouth was full of...dried squid. Yui cringed at the sight and went past him.

"Just getting something to eat. Why do you have dried squid?"

"Grandfather sent over a few packs. There in the cupboard there if you want some,"

"I-I'm good thanks," She wasn't really a fan of seafood let alone dry squid. Her hands reached into the bottom cupboard and she pulled out a small bag of chips.

"Okaa-san said not to eat a lot. She's bringing pizza,"

"Hai hai," Yui skipped back upstairs.

-*-*-*-*-

Seirin spent the next few weeks training intensely and finally, the team stood outside the gymnasium with determined looks on their faces. The Inter-high games had officially begun.