Winter Cup Finals (2)

*Pant*

*Pant*

Down on the court, Kagami wiped his sweat using the inner side of his jersey. Looking from his teammates to the opposing team, he knew something bad was going to happen.

Ever since the fourth quarter began, Kagami had an inkling that Rakuzan was hiding something. Or rather, Akashi was hiding something.

Kuroko must've had a similar feeling as the boy wore a look of worry on his usually expressionless face. 

Both boys' gut feelings were proven to be true when the timeout ended and Rakuzan re-entered the court.

Looking into Akashi's eyes, Kuroko tensed.

Oh no. 

The match began and there was something different about Akashi's aura. Up in the stands, the generation of miracles recognized the change.

'The other Akashi'

Yui gripped her seat when the 'other' Akashi went into action and pushed her boyfriend out of the zone. What's worse, Rakuzan's players were also in the zone - even if it was the incomplete one.

And just like that, the tides changed with Rakuzan slowly dominating the match. Kiyoshi and Kagami could no longer block them and the others weren't able to score.

The atmosphere was tense.

Seirin's will...was disappearing.

And soon, it was gone.

-----

"YOU CAN DO IT KUROKO! DON'T GIVE UP!!"

A loud shout echoed throughout the silent arena. 

It was Ogiwara Shigeo. Kuroko's childhood friend.

Yui turned her head, like the rest of the audience, to see the boy who bravely stood up for Seirin.

And then...

"If you can't even beat Rakuzan, I'll kill you myself!!" 

Everyone turned to see Aomine Daiki standing up facing the court. They were stunned, to say the least. Even more so when Shutoku's Midorima and Kaijo's Kise shouted their encouragement.

And then suddenly, there was another voice. 

"Oi Kagami!! You better win this match otherwise I'll release your dark history at the maid café for the whole basketball community to see!!"

Pause.

Silence.

What. The. Fuck.

Everyone turned to see a boy with cornrow hair, possibly in his late teens, grinning from ear to ear.

Yui slapped her forehead.

Down on the court, everyone turned to the fuming redhead with raised eyebrows.

"Maid café?" asked Kiyoshi withholding a chuckle.

Hyuuga gave his junior a suspicious look, "What did you do you brat?"

"Well that certainly maid my day," 

"I'm surprised you were into that kind of thing, Kagami-kun,"

At this point, Kagami was ready to explode.

"RIIOO!! YOU BASTARD!! I'LL KILL YOU AFTER WE FINISH THIS!!" the boy shouted back angrily.

"Oh my gosh," Yui covered her face with her hands. 

The plot wasn't supposed to go like this. Rio was an idiot through and through.