A Fashion Fiasco (2)

Kagami and Yui stared at each other with red faces and this would have continued had Rio not coughed to get their attention.

"Break it up lovebirds. We still have a job to do here."

"L-Lovebirds?"

"Aren't you? Look, you're even matching." pointed Rio. It was only then did everyone realise that Kagami was wearing a stylish suit that perfectly matched Yui's dark red dress and the two simultaneously blushed a deep red.

Before things could get more awkward, Rio's cousin came back and ordered everyone to their various positions. Unsurprisingly, with their obvious matching outfits, Kagami and Yui were tasked to pose together as a couple and the duo couldn't feel more embarrassed (and excited).

Haruka modelled first and she easily completed the task causing the photographer to give her a happy thumbs up. The boys followed after but their shots took slightly longer since they were too stiff and awkward at times. The last ones to pose were the matching couple who both gulped nervously and made their way in front of the camera.

"Alright you two, first of all I need you both to loosen up. You're too tense," Rio's cousin said. "Just take deep breaths and maybe roll your shoulders to loosen the tension."

They did as she said and only slightly got rid of their nervousness. Then she showed the two a photo from one of the drafts and told them to pose in a similar fashion as the couple in the photo.

Kagami's face turned red as did Yui's when looking at the position the couple in the photo were in.

"A-Ano, do we really have to do it like this?" asked Yui sheepishly.

"Of course. Your picture is one of the more important ones and also, you two are the only ones here that seem to have some tension which is perfect for this pose." Rio's cousin clearly had no filter.

Seeing no way out of this predicament, the duo ended up having to reenact the same pose.

Yui stood in the middle and tensed when she felt Kagami come up behind her. The latter was also incredibly nervous but swallowed it for the sake of the job he did not sign up for and moved one arm around her slim waist whilst the other went under her chin.

Rio, Haruka and the other two boys couldn't withhold their wide smirks watching the two and all thought the same thing. 'It's about time someone gave them a push.'

"Come on you two! Envision that you are both in love with each other and look into each other's eyes! Yui-san, you are still very tense," the photographer said loudly.

[A/N: Please keep in mind this is all fiction but in reality, unless you're signed some sort of a contract, I am not sure people are allowed to force others into this types of situations they are uncomfortable in.]

Yui knew that if they wanted to complete this job sooner, it was better to just follow the photographer's orders. Therefore, ignoring her rapidly beating heart, she tilted her head up to the left and met Kagami's eyes.

Kagami noticed what she did and followed her lead looking into her own eyes and soon the two once again became lost in their own world. Flashes and clicking sounds went off as the two maintained eye-contact, both having a pink tint on their cheeks.

"Perfect! Absolutely perfect!"

The photographer's voice broke the two out of their sudden trance and they both coughed and looked away.

'Why must I be tortured like this?! I thought my hear would explode.' thought Yui. No doubt Kagami was thinking the same thing.

"U-Um I..." Yui started but couldn't seem to form any words. Before either one could say anything else, a sudden fire alarm went off and the place erupted into chaos.

Everyone immediately evacuated the building and as Kagami ran out, he had subconsciously taken Yui with him by the hand making her heart beat increase once again.

Once everyone was out, the staff quickly checked that no one was missing and soon the fire department arrived and jumped out of the truck.

To everyone's confusion though, there was no fire.

"Seems like someone was cooking noodles in the storage room and accidentally left the windows closed so there was no ventilation." One of the firemen reported. "The culprit wrote his name on the cup so he was easily identified. Is there someone named Rio here?"

Everyone turned to face a certain boy who was stealthily creeping away and his friends all face-palmed.

"Not again."

Rio's cousin looked absolutely livid at the boy and would've pounced on him if she wasn't held back by her co-workers.

"You little brat!" she broke out of the hold and tackled Rio to the ground.

Everyone's sweat dropped at the scene and wanting to not get involved, Yui and the group ignored the cries of help from their fallen comrade.

However, while everyone's attention was on the commotion, Yui took this time to drag Kagami away until they were alone. Kagami was obviously confused and slightly flustered.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

Yui took a deep breath and said, "Look, I wasn't going to tell you this until after the Winter cup but I honestly don't think I can last that long and I'm pretty sure everyone knows already." She looked right up at him and stated, "I like you."

.....

'What did she just...' thought Kagami.

"I like you Kagami Taiga. A-And I wish to become your future wife!"

"Eh?!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Hey where are those two?" Hiro suddenly asked. Rio had been escorted away for a 'talk' and Haruka, Akito and Hiro were left standing outside.

"I think I saw Yui-chan drag Kagami away over that side." Haruka pointed.

"Eh?"

The three all wore similar smirks as they thought the same thing.

'Let's spy on them.'

The ran in the direction Haruka pointed and rounded a corner before stopping just in time to hear;

"....become your future wife!"

Their jaws dropped along with Kagami before they all yelled, "EH?!"

--------------------------

A/N: Kukuku, yes I brought forward the confession because I was getting impatient with my own work. Lol. Anyway, Yui was pretty straightforward and I made it like that on purpose because I hate when characters misunderstand or misinterpret words of others. It just annoys me like hell. Plus, being straightforward is kind of a part of her character.

On another note, I'm so happy to say my country won their second gold medal in the Olympics. For other countries it may not seem like a big deal but it is for us because being such a tiny country with not as great facilities to train and not many pursuing a proper career in athletics, it is close to impossible to win an Olympic medal let alone a gold one. If you're wondering which country then you can go ahead and look up the rugby sevens matches. Stay safe readers!