End of Vacation

Yui listlessly poked her food with her chopsticks. Her siblings looked at her then at each other wondering what was wrong.

"Something bothering you?" Niko asked. Yui didn't answer and just kept poking her food. Currently her mind was in a state of chaos so she couldn't process Niko's words. It was only when Ryu tapped on her shoulder that she snapped out of her thoughts and looked up to see her siblings staring at her with worried expressions.

"Huh?"

"Don't 'huh' us. You haven't said a word this morning and just poking your food. What's wrong?" Ryu asked.

"Oh it's nothing. I'm just trying to figure some things right now but I'm sorry for not paying attention." Yui apologised. She admitted she was pretty rude to zone out while they were talking.

"Yui, you're our little sister. If something is bothering you and you can't handle it then tell us. That's what family's for idiot." Sora said smiling at her.

Yui didn't really want to talk to anyone about what she was thinking but if she doesn't, they were just going to keep worrying and pestering her. In the end, she asked to talk to Niko alone and the two headed to Niko's room.

Niko closed the door behind her and plopped down on the floor with Yui taking a seat opposite her.

"Alright, now that we're alone, what is it that's on your mind?"

Yui hesitated but eventually said, "I have this friend whom I met a few months ago and he's a great basketball player."

"Okay..."

"....He was the one I was with last night. Usually when we're together or message each other, it's full of insults and teasing. He does the insults while I tease him. But the last few days have been...weird,"

Niko nodded. 'I think I know where this is going.'

"I felt my heart beat speed up when I was with him and luckily it was dark otherwise he would have seen me blush."

"Yui-chan..."

"Nee-san, I think I might like him..." Yui's cheeks flushed when she said that. The night prior, Yui may have been wearing her usual cheerful expressions but inside, she was trying to calm her rising feelings. 'Do I like Kagami-kun? No that can't be it....can it?'

That was also why she'd been so distracted this morning.

Niko squealed and squashed Yui with a hug. "Kyaaa my baby is all grown up!"

'When did I become your child?'

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

"No..."

"Is he gay?"

"No..."

"Does he have weird fetishes?"

Yui just looked at her sister with a face that said 'really?'

"What? I'm just asking."

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't,"

"Then ask him out." Niko said. Yui blushed and shook her head. "No no no no. Absolutely not!"

"Why?"

'Because I'm too embarrassed?' Yui didn't say that. Sure she was embarrassed but there was another thing keeping her from confessing and that was Kagami's love for basketball. Anyone with eyes can see just how much passion he has for the sport to the point he would make sacrifices for it.

Of course, it would be different if he liked her too but she didn't think he did. Maybe one day, after he leaves for America at the end of the Last Game, if they met again then she will confess. For now, she was content on keeping her feelings a secret and being friends with him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"That was a good vacation!" Ryu stretched as he exited the inn. The siblings were leaving today since Ryu and Sora had to go back to university and Niko was still in the process of finding a job.

Yui sent a quick message to Kagami and hopped into the car.

Niko made a quick check to see if they had everything then the four set off back home. Yui was slightly upset that she wouldn't be able to go to Kise and Aomine's match but thought she'd be able to find the match online somewhere.

The car ride was quiet with Sora and Yui napping at the back and Ryu and Niko chatting in low voices. Niko turned around and saw Yui's head resting on Sora's shoulder and thought 'how cute' before snapping a pic. Ryu just smiled seeing the two of them and asked Niko to send the photo.

The radio was turned on half-way through the ride and the noise woke up the sleeping pair. Yui blinked and rubbed her eyes before realising her head was still on Sora's shoulder.

"Ah sorry Sora-nii."

Sora yawned and pat her head. "It's fine. You must've been really tired."

"Mmm,"

It was silent but then suddenly, a trending song came out on the radio and Ryu burst out singing scaring the life away from the car's other occupants.

"kawashita hazu no nai yakusoku ga, kyou mo bokura no mirai wo ubaou to suru

hoshigatteita mono wo te ni shite mo sunao ni umaku waraenai no wa naze daro...!!"

(Song by: SCANDAL Name: Shunkan Sentimenta. It was one of the ending theme's for FMA)

Yui just blinked and laughed out loud when Ryu's voice broke. Sora and Niko laughed as well and all of them joined in and sang along.

And that was the highlight of the drive back to Tokyo.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

<Inter-high Nationals>

Seirin had just entered the stands and the team gasped at the amount of people.

"Wow! So this is where the nationals are held!!" Koganei said. The team stared at the court and the crowd before looking for seats.

'Kaijou against Touou, basically this is a match between Kise and Aomine.' Kagami thought.

"Kuroko, who do you think will win?"

Kuroko glanced at his friend then turned back to see the court. "I don't know. It's the first time for the generation of miracles to play against each other." he paused for a minute then continued.

"It's just...Kise-kun started playing basketball because he admired Aomine-kun. So they often played against each other but...Kise-kun never won against him."

Kagami pondered on those words but suddenly remembered Yui's message from this morning.

[Morning Kagami-kun. I'll be going home today and won't see you till later. I have a feeling you'll be going to see Aomine and Kise's game and I'm sure you'll be inspired by it. The outcome is already decided but it's definitely a game you wouldn't dare take your eyes off. That's all I wanted to say for now so...bye-bye :) ]

'The outcome is already decided...' Kagami knew what she meant. Aomine was going to win.

The team had now taken their seats and the red head looked at Kuroko, hesitating to ask about Yui. Unfortunately, before he had a chance, the crowd cheered and the two teams entered the court ready to play.

'Forget it. I'll just ask him later.'

===================

A/N: Been a while guys. Finally wrote a new chapter though it's not as good as how it sounded in my head but thought I might as well publish it. I'll try and release another chap soon but no promises.