Seirin's Revenge

Kagami flew back to America for a short while before returning to Japan the day before his match against Touou.

Like the Bakagami he is, he was completely late to the opening ceremony and received a beating from his coach. Yui burst out laughing when he told her. She could vividly picture the small brunette throwing the redhead over her shoulder.

The two weren't able to meet up before the game but they video called on the morning of the match. It was clear as day that Kagami was pumped up for the match.

She wouldn't be surprised if the rest of Seirin were feeling the same way. After all, this was their revenge match against the school that previously doubled their score.

On this day, Yui made sure she got to the arena early and wore a wig and sunglasses. You know, her "disguise".

(It was still bad by the way)

The gymnasium was packed with hundreds of eager spectators waiting to watch the game against two dark horses. Well...Touou couldn't really be considered a dark horse anymore with their Inter-high record.

Taking a seat on the far end, Yui brought out her camera ready for action.

After some time, the doors finally opened to reveal Seirin walking in with their signature white and black jerseys. There were a couple of cheers here and there to welcome them but it was obvious that the majority of the spectators came here to watch their opponents.

Yui frowned and made sure to clap loudly and even let out a few 'whoop whoop!' for encouragement. 

Not that they needed it though because Seirin was going to rock this game.

And as expected, the atmosphere in the stands was heightened when Touou entered the arena in their black jerseys. 

Yui snapped a clear shot of both teams and looked at the time.

The game would start in ten minutes. From where she sat, she could faintly make out the Seirin team's various expressions.

'They're not nervous. That's good' she thought.

Suddenly, her stomach began to grumble and she clicked her tongue.

"Damn, I should've brought a snack or something," she muttered. Yui eyed her bag where a container of condolence cupcakes lay.

'Eating one won't hurt - No no no, control yourself. Besides, I don't think I'm allowed to bring food in here anyway.'

Soon, her thoughts were broken when the whistle was blown and the two teams walked out onto the court.

Kagami's expression was calm - not an ounce of anxiousness or uncertainty was shown. He was confident that they were going to win this match.

"Let's do this," he said to Kuroko. 

The latter nodded and met Aomine's eyes standing opposite of him, "We're not going to lose again."

The statement made the tan boy smirk.

"Bring it on, Tetsu,"

 -----

And then the first quarter began. From the start, Seirin refused to let Touou gain a big lead on them and steadily scored baskets to retain and move up the gap.

Kuroko used his newly improved ignite pass kai and broke past Aomine's outstretched hand. While the move was powerful, it was difficult for him to use because it required a lot of energy.

Seirin showed a massive improvement in both teamwork and individual skills. Their abilities now allowed them to set the pace with Touou.

But at some point, Aomine took control of a couple of plays. With his aggressive skills, he scored point after point putting Seirin in a difficult position.