꧁𝙃𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨꧂

song above- good old fashioned lover boy, by queen

•••

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

Me and the losers were peddling down the street dropping each of them of when we reached their houses. First eddie left, mostly because if he was gone even 2 minutes later than when he was supposed to be home his mother would probably file a missing kids report. Bill was next as he wanted to try convince his dad to go looking for georgie with him. So it just left me, stan and richie on our bikes.

"why do you guys disappear like every friday after school, like do you fuc—" richie says getting cut off by stan "no richie i know what your going to say, we don't y/n just goes birdwatching with me at the park that's all." He says with a look just as disgusted as mine. "well i mean that sounds believable seems as those are 2 of your favourite things." richie says shrugging. "yeah y/n and birds" stan says smiling.

I think my heart just skipped a beat, I'm one of Stanley's favourite things? wow i'm flattered. "actually i was thinking more birds and that stupid park you love but y/n works to i guess" richie says winking at me. Stan looks at me and started blushing like crazy, he was probably just embarrassed about richies comment but those words just kept running through my head.

"Anyway see you losers tomorrow, and just to be clear, I think you definitely do screw." He said dropping his bike on his driveway. "BEEP BEEP RICHIE" me and stan both yell back at him in unity. "ignore him, y/n he has no clue what he's talking about and also sorry if i embarrassed you before" stan said as we both rode down the trail to the birdwatching spot. "it's okay stan, richie doesn't know what he's talking about" I say laughing. "Your right, your way better than the park" he says laughing with me. Oh god, I could literally see my cheeks going darker. "flattered" I say trying to play it cool, but internally i was shaking like crazy.

 "flattered" I say trying to play it cool, but internally i was shaking like crazy

(that is the park just in case you are having trouble imagining it)

We both place our bikes down and stan gets out his bird encyclopaedia thing and i pull out my walkman. he sits on a log and gets ready to look for the birds as i plug in my headphones and let the sound of "good old fashioned lover boy" by queen fill my ears as i slouched against an oak tree and just watched stan wait for birds. The warm summer breeze was making the water in the lake below us ripple softly creating a relaxing noise as stan patiently waited for birds.

I hummed along to the lyrics
"i'd like for you and I to go romancing, just say the words your wish is my command" then stan joined in humming the chorus with me. after we got to the main verse be both just looked at each other and erupted in laughter. I got butterflies in my stomach as I was listening to stans uncontrollable fit of laughing, how can he seem so perfect doing something so simple?

I bet you any money he doesn't even realise the way i'm looking at him, the kid is usually quite intelligent but come on seriously, i'm basically transparent. Sometimes his total oblivious just blows my mind. We stayed at the park of 2 more hours, stan saw quite a few new birds, to me they all looked somewhat similar but apparently they're 'easy' to distinguish.

We decided we should head home so stanley could return to practice his torah reading for his upcoming bar mitzvah, I feel sorry for him really his dad has been putting a lot of pressure on him recently, he wants stanley's bar mitzvah to go perfectly so stanley doesn't ruin the family name, or his job as a rabbi. Stan being the perfectionist he is agreed to focus on his torah readings to make his dad not think of him as so much of a failure. stanley was far from failure in my eyes, he just needs to stop letting his dad get to him so much. I just hope mr uris doesn't totally lose his mind when stanley returns home without his kippah.

We start riding to stans house as we left the park, it was summer so it wasn't necessarily dark outside but it felt really cold compared to how warm it was just a couple of hours ago. "are you meeting us at eddie's house tomorrow or do you want us to pick you up on the way past the synagogue?" I ask referring to eddie's house as we rode past it. "could you pick me up at the synagogue please, dads making me do a torah read in the morning again." Stanley said turning the corner. "Sure thing, your dad's sure making you practice a lot huh" I say. "Yeah, i feel like i barley even see you guys anymore, i'm always stuck in his office with that creepy ass painting" He replied. "God that thing is still in there, that used to give me nightmares as a kid the one time we went in there." "It still gives me nightmares" Stan said while we both laughed.

"Anyway, this is my stop, see you losers tomorrow" He sighed putting his kickstand down and knocking on his front door. "Yeah yeah, see you tomorrow birdbrain" I rejoiced cycling away and giving him a wave as mrs uris let him in the house.

The short ride home i spent thinking about what this summer could bring, i mean things will change, stan will officially become 'a man', the bowers gang will probably never let us enjoy a good day and when we go back to school we will no longer be in middle school. wow. This summer is gonna make one hell of a summer experience essay.

•••

1007 words

sorry it took like a week to upload this part. Anyway, hope you enjoyed chapter 3 of birdbrain.
- m ❤︎