꧁𝙞'𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩꧂

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

•••

There i stood at 8pm at the uris residence, throwing small pebbles at stanley's bedroom window trying to get him to come talk about what happened. he opened the window and looked down at me, "y/n? what are you doing here, you know i'm grounded." He asked in a hushed tone, not wanting to wake his parents. "and you know i don't give a shit, come on, talk to me, you know i'm impatient." I say, reflecting his quiet voice, not wanting to get caught as it was way past curfew.

He sighed, turned to his bedroom door, locked it and started climbing out of the window, luckily for stan he had a tree outside of his window so it wasn't that hard to make it the the ground.

"ha you're wearing the shirt, do you like it?" I ask him as we start walking, "of corse i do, i love it." he says. "where do you want to go to talk i mean i highly doubt derry is busy at this time so we can go anywhere as long as no one sees us." I say. "it's friday." stan reminds me, "yea it's a friday?" i say, confused. "we haven't been to the park today, we haven't missed a day in how long? years?" he laughs. "oh how could i forget, yes well looks like we're going to the park." I say as we continue walking to the park.

"I know i already said it, but your speech today was really good, did you just think of that on the spot?" I ask him. "i mean yeah i guess i did think of it there and then, but thank you, it means a lot to know someone actually understands how i feel." He says.

"You were brave for doing that you know, i know your parents are mad at you but it was totally worth it." i assure him. "you know what it definitely was, it's the first time in a while i have actually felt proud of myself." He laughs. "c'mon we're almost there." I laugh as i grab his hand and run down to the park.

I had never been to the park when it was night time but it looked a whole lot different, instead of the sun shining though the trees, the stars lightly illuminated parts of the sky and small reflections of light were projected onto the lake.

"wow this place looks a lot different in the dark." Stan says, out of breath from running. "It really does, it's pretty though." I reply.

"I hope you didn't suggest to come here to bird watch because i don't want to rain on your parade but the only bird i think you could see right now is an owl or something." I say as we both sit down on the grass. "no i just wanted to you know talk about before." Stanley said shyly. "which part like after your dad took you away?" I ask. "He basically just kept saying how disappointed he was with me but that's not what i was hoping to talk about." He said, obviously still hurt from his fathers words. "that's bullshit." I scoff and i lie down. "yea, bullshit." He agrees with me.

"Anyway what I wanted to ask was, you know when richie yelled that you liked someone or something but my dad interrupted him, what was he going to say?" Stanley questioned as he looked me in the eye.

"oh haha that, it's no big deal really it's nothing he was just being an idiot." I fake laugh. "are you sure? because you looked pretty scared when he said it." He questioned.

I couldn't tell him that I like him how could i? It's way to risky, what if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks i'm joking? Too many things could go wrong in this situation and to be quite frankly honest with myself, I can't handle rejection.

I didn't realise how long i stayed quiet until stanley lightly tapped my arm,
"y/n? are you sure there isn't anything bothering you." He asks again, more concerned this time. "well actually there is something." I say timidly.

"You know you can tell me anything so go ahead." He continues. "I know I can trust you stanley, It's just this thing has been on my mind for a really really long time." I admit. "well what is it, you're killing me with all this suspense." He laughs.

I take a deep breath in, look him in the eyes, take another breath, and internally panic.

"I love you stanley, and I always have done since the day in 1st grade when bill introduced me to you, and only now I have the guts to tell you that I love you." I say trying to remain calm.

Stanley just looks at me and doesn't say anything, and this is why I should have just kept quiet.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to mess anything up, I'll leave now, sorry for sneaking you out." I panic as I get up and go to leave. "wait! y/n wait!" He says while i get the the edge of the clearing.

I turn around to face him again, his curly hair was out of place but in the most perfect way, the dim light was highlighting the pale flecks of green in his tired eyes.

I was almost to distracted by his perfection to notice both his hands were cupping the side of my face as he lightly
planted his lips on mine.

We both pull away and I open my eyes, I had never felt more happy in my life time, not only was it my first kiss, but it was with stan, the boy i had loved since the day i met him.

"I love you too, y/n, i always have and I always will." He says as his thumb caresses my cheek softly.

"God i have waited too long to hear that." I smile at him as he kissed my
forehead.

"y/n, would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend." He asks sweetly. "of corse, a million times yes." I say excitedly.

As much as i seem calm in the moment i'm internally screaming so much because I have never been so happy in my life time.

"We should probably think of getting you back home before your parents suspect anything." I suggest to him, "yeah good point, I wish i could stay out here with you forever." He says as he intertwines our fingers and walks though the cleaning.

We soon arrive back at stanley's house after the short walk, "goodnight y/n" He says as he beings climbing up the tree again. "goodnight, birdbrain." I reply back with the biggest idiot smile i couldn't remove from my face.

•••

1150 words

I apologise this chapter was so so cliche but... THEY FINALLY KISSED!!! yayyyy anyway look at me go 2 updates in a week let's goooo :D

don't forget to drink water, stay safe

- your bitch, mayyy <33