꧁𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝꧂

(song above: bust a move - young mc)

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

•••

After a while of swimming and splashing around, by some sort of miracle Beverly convinced me to go sunbathe with her. I have never been able to find the patience to just lie down in the sun and do nothing, it seems like a waste of time to me, but hey ho who am I to turn down the chance something I have never tried before. We both lay on our towels and both put our sunglasses down to prevent us getting blinded by the sun.

"what happens now, do we just lie here?" I ask cluelessly, I honestly didn't know what to do is there something you can't do or ways to mess it up. "Yea we just lay here and relax for a bit." She said as she turned of her cassette player. "ah okay, I haven't done this before I don't really know what i'm doing." I say as we both laugh at my cluelessness.

The boys soon get out of the water and sit on the rocks, not far from me and bev. Young MC's 'bust a move' starts playing and me and bev quietly take turns humming the lyrics quietly. Through the corner of my eyes I see the boys staring us down, I discreetly nudge beverly and she glances over at them through her sunglasses. The guys didn't even notice we could see them looking at us and just kept staring.

I decided to mess with them, because I'm just so nice and all that shit.

"You boys do know sunglasses are see through, right?." I laugh as me and bev turn to face them. They all look away in embarrassment, as if they were looking at something else the whole time. Me and bev turn over on our stomachs so we can get an even tan, like bev explained to me before.

There was a few seconds of silence until I heard a rustling of paper and richie saying "News flash, Ben school's out for summa'!" In one of his horrible accents. "Oh, that? That's not school stuff." Ben shrugs as he notices Richie grabbing what looks like a postcard of the stand pipe in town. "Who sent you this?" Richie asked as he was about to turn the post card around when ben snatched it from his reach. "No one. Give it..." Ben said quickly.

Richie just shrugged as he reaching into the backpack and pulling out a book, opening it, and seeing what looks like a newspaper article. "What's with the history project?" He asked as he flipped through the pages. "Oh... Well, when I first moved here, I didn't really have anyone to hang out with, so I just started spending time in the library." Ben admitted.

"You went to the library? On purpose?" Richie scoffed. "You don't need to make fun of him for going to a library just because you can't read richie." I say half sarcastically while I go sit in the middle of stan and eddie. "Oh, I wanna see." Beverly said as she sat down next to bill.

"What's the Black Spot?" Stan asked curiously as me eddie and him were analysing the page we were given. "The Black Spot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by that racist cult." Eddie said, confident in his answer. "I'm sorry, the what?" I say wondering how Eddie has so much knowledge on the subject. "Don't you watch Geraldo?" Eddie askes. "What the fuck is that? one of those shitty day time tv shows your mom forces you to watch" I joke as stan and richie laugh, eddie just rolls his eyes and continues reading.

I look over at bill, bev and ben, both of the boys staring at the girl. I nudge stan lightly and gesture to the 3, we were both thinking the exact same thing:
Love triangle.

"Your-your-your hair..." bill stutters but is cut of by ben "your hair is beautiful beverly." Ben says smiling. "oh right, thanks." beverly said cheerfully, running her hand through her new hair and smiling at Ben. "Here, pass it." Richie said, extending his hand to Bill, who hands the book back to him; Stan leans closer to take a look.

"Why is it all murders and missing kids?" Eddie asked nervously as his eyes scanned the pages. "Derry's not like any town I've ever been in before. They did a study once, and it turns out people die or disappear six times the national average." Ben states. "well that's not depressing." I say sarcastically.

"You read that?" Bev askes. "And that's just grown-ups. Kids are worse. Way, way worse." Ben admits hesitantly. I look over at stan and he has a very scared look spread across his face. "Well it's nice knowing you guys, gonna get murdered soon." I joke, trying to brighten the mood.

They all look at me like 'this isn't a time to joke' "Just trying to defuse the tension." I say as I place my hands on my knees.

"I've got more stuff if you wanna see it." Ben offers. The rest of us shrug but eddie shakes his head in disagreement while quietly repeating the word "no" over and over again.

•••

883 words
H O L Y S H I T! WE HIT 500 READ WTFFF. Thank you so so so much ahh<33 also i'm sorry this is a bit of a short chapter but hope you enjoyed anyway
drink water, stay safe, love yaaa

- May :D