꧁𝘿𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩?꧂

sᴛᴀɴʟᴇʏ's ᴘᴏᴠ

Me and y/n had just returned from our weekly bird watching visit at the park, I'm not sure why but this time it felt different. Like a good different but I don't know why.

On the ride back to my house we discussed our plans for tomorrow, we had to go to the barrens with bill to find georgie. Not that I don't want to find georgie but I have to admit I am terrified of what we could get ourselves into, I mean we are going in a dirty sewer pipe looking for a missing child with no adult supervision at all. God I sound like eddie. But you get the point it's so risky. What if we get caught by someone, we can't just say "oh yea we usually spend our summer in a sewage system, this is a normal activity."

Despite all of my thoughts I just agreed to tag along, I didn't want to disappoint my friends plus how am I going to be a man if I can't even bring myself to look for a kid. When y/n and I reached my house I put my kickstand down unenthusiastically and we both said our goodbyes.

I was greeted with my mother at the door and she must have noticed the wide smile on my face that had appeared when y/n called me 'birdbrain', It had a nice ring to it. "what's got you all happy" My mother laughed. "nothing" I say trying to hold back a small laugh. "It's alright you don't have to tell me, I know you're smiling about y/n" My mom said closing the door behind us both.

Am i really that transparent?

"pfft, no" I lied as I carefully placed my empty backpack on its hook. "Ahh ok then, oh also your father wanted me to remind you, you have a torah reading practice tomorrow." She said as she returned back to her place on the couch. "Ok, thank you" I said as I rushed up the stairs to my bedroom.

I quietly closed my door and grabbed the torah from the large collection of book I had lined up on a shelf. My eyes skimmed over each word carefully trying to remember them so I didn't embarrass myself in front of my dad, again. Though I felt completely focused my mind was thinking about something else.

I'm not sure why but that something else was y/n. It wasn't even so much a conversation I had with her, it was just her in general. I didn't like her did I? How do you even know if you like someone, is it like a spark you get every time you talk to them or is it the way you accidentally catch yourself staring at them even when you don't even realise it?

As I said I'm not sure, maybe this was the different I felt, but now I know it's a good different.

I shut my book at put it neatly back on the shelf knowing there was no point in practicing if I couldn't focus. I approached my bead and practically collapsed on to my back as I just started up at the ceiling trying to untangle my thoughts. I spent the rest of the night trying to figure out the different feelings I had for y/n. I came to the conclusion, I did in fact like her but that would probably stay a secret forever.

•••

583 words

Sorry this was short, also this was the first chapter writing in stan's pov, not really sure if I like this one but got to publish something I guess :)

- m ❤︎