꧁𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙨𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧꧂

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

•••

We rode our bikes while eddie and richie continued to argue about i don't know what. Bill, stan and I often laughed at eddie's sudden outbursts of anger when richie disagrees with him, they really do argue like an old married couple, i thought to myself as i followed the rest of the group to the barrens

We soon arrived at a clearing in the bushes leading to the barrens. I have always found the place to be quite scenic, considering there was a sewage pipe along side of the overgrown green plants and the river. We all headed down the steep path and made our way to the sewers.

"That's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy." Stanley stated as he pointed out various plants. "Where? Where's the poison ivy?" Eddie said sounding flustered, as always. "Nowhere. Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley." Richie joked as he followed me and bill into the sewage pipe. Bill handed me a torch from his backpack and we both started searching for any sign of georgie.

"Okay, well I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this is not good for my-" eddie said quickly getting cut off by richie. "Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Richie asked mischievously. "Sometimes, yeah." eddie said as he brushed off his shoulders a bit. "Then you probably have crabs." Richie said, i couldn't help but let out a small snicker at richie's questionable sense of humour.

"That's so not funny." eddie said defensively. I turned to look at stan who was glaring at the disgusting water i was currently standing in, and sarcastically rolling his eyes at the boys non-stop bickering "Aren't you guys coming in?" Richie asked as he stepped further into the sewers. "Uh-uh. It's greywater." Eddie said with a disapproving look plastered across his face. "Dude what the hell's greywater?" Richie questioned. "It's basically piss and shit. So I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee. So..." Eddie said sounding more panicked as the sentence when on, he was about to continue when richie picked up a stick straight from the dirty water.

"Are you serious? What are you doing?" Eddie said looking as if he was about to vomit. Me and stan looked at them then back at eachother with the same concerned look on our faces. "Doesn't smell like caca to me, señor. does it to you señorita?" Richie said in an awful spanish accent. "you're so gross trashmouth." I said as i backed away from the stick.

"Okay, I can smell that from here." Editor said clearly frustrated. "It's probably just your breath wafting back into your face." Richie added with a smug smile. "Have you ever heard of a staph infection?" Eddie scoffed. "Oh, I'll show you a staph infection." Richie said mischievously.

I turned around and bill was still looking for any visible sign georgie was still around. I ventured closer to where bill was currently observing and let the two boys constant debate drain through me. "This is so unsanitary. You're literally. This is literally like swimming inside of a toilet bowl right now. Have you ever heard of Listeria?" Eddie said in a rush, clearly not liking 3 out of his 4 friends were now 'infectious'.

Feeling a need to bring some humour to the mood, Richie scooped up an old, dirty plastic bag with the stick and grinned deviously as he threw the bag at Eddie. The smaller boy let out a small yet loud scream and Richie just giggled at his reaction to the dirty mark left on eddie's shoes.

Meanwhile, bill and I were looking when the light of one of our torches highlighted an old, abandoned shoe. We both turned to eachother with half fascinated, half scared looks on our faces. "You're the reason why we're in this position right now." Eddie said trying to conclude the argument between him and richie.

Bill and I examined the shoe but neither of us could identify who's it was. "Guys!" Bill yelled grasping the attention of the 3 other boys. I slowly bent down and picked up the shoe and held it out in front of me, not wanting to get to close to it. "Shit. Don't tell me that's-" Stanley said as he got interrupted by bill. "No. Georgie wore galoshes." Bill said confidently reassuring himself. "Whose sneaker is it?" Eddie said with a slight raise of seriousness in his voice.

I shone flashlight over the shoe so Bill and Richie can examine it more closely, and they see the words "B. Ripsom" on it. I felt a shiver go down my spine as i read the name written in marker. It was Betty Ripsom's shoe.

"It's Betty Ripsom's." Richie said as he pushed up his glasses anxiously.
"Oh, shit. Oh, God. Oh, fuck! I don't like this." Eddie said as he fidgeted with his hands nervously. "How do you think Betty feels? Running around these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" Richie mocked as he repeatedly jumped up and down on one leg, causing little beads of dirty water to splash all over me.

"Seriously rich, not the time." I say motioning to bill who had a serious and determined look on his face. Richie then turns to look at Bill, realizing this is nothing to joke about. "What if she's still here?" Stanley said, breaking the small silence, not receiving an answer though.

"Eddie, come on!" Richie says as he and Bill go further into the tunnel. "My mom will have an aneurysm, okay? If she finds out we're playing down here. I'm serious. Bill?" Eddie said refusing to even go any closer to the dirty water. "If... If I was Betty Ripsom, I would want us to find me. Georgie too." Bill said trying to persuade the 2 boys still at the other end of the sewers.

"What if I don't want to find them?" Eddie said causing the rest of the group to have shocked and confused expressions. "I mean, no offense, Bill, but I don't want to end up like-" Eddie said, before he could finish his sentence, I shot him a stern look knowing he was going to say georgie and not wanting bill to feel defeated. "I don't want to go missing, either." He corrected himself as he gazed to the floor.

"He has a point." Stanley said, agreeing with eddie's past statement. "You too?" I said with a scared glance.
"It's summer! We're supposed to be having fun!" Stanley said, just wanting to live a normal summer life and try to be normal kids. Richie looks at Bill and shrugs. "This isn't fun. This is scary and disgusting." He finished.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to say something, a loud splash was heard from behind the pipe. We all turned to see what the hell it was and there was a boy. He was covered in dirt, and he was drenched in water, His shirt was ripped and through the rips in his shirt I could see a clear, freshly engraved 'H'. "bowers" I said under my breath, not wanting the rest of the group to hear me.

"Holy shit what happened to you?" Richie yelled to the bloody boy. Stanley and Eddie frantically rushed to retrieve the boy and stand him up right. me, richie and bill hurried out of the pipe to assist Eddie and Stan with the boy. "Oh my god did bowers attempt fucking man slaughter!" I say as the blood from the boys wound seeps through his torn shirt.
"quite possibly" Stan says as we helped the boy over to the bikes.

We all un-verbally decided to help the boy, we really had no choice really he was practically on the verge of death to blood loss. We helped him on to the back of Bill's bike and headed straight to the pharmacy.

Yeah, here's to a normal fucking summer

•••
1350 words

a/n- heyy, sorry it's been like forever since the last update i have been, let's say distracted... Anyway hope you enjoyed this part. :)
and don't forget, stay safe, drink water and enjoy life outside fictional characters (lmao sorry)

- M ♥︎