꧁𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙄'𝙢 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙧꧂

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

•••

The room went oddly silent as Mr uris stepped up onto the platform, nobody made a sound, not even richie.

The silence of the guests remained while stanley read out the torah, he was doing incredibly well, all that practice had definitely paid off, though occasionally he glanced over to me and richie for encouragement.

"Reflecting on the meaning of what I just read, the word "Leshanot" comes up a lot, which means to change, to transform which makes sense, I guess, because today I'm supposed to become a man." Stanley stated, "It's funny, though." He said, his dad glancing at him from behind.

"Everyone, at least I think, has some memories they're prouder of than others, right?"He asked rhetorically. "Everyone has moments they want to relive again and some they wish never happened. And maybe that's why change is so scary." He remarked.

"Because the things we wish we could leave behind, the whispers we wish we could silence, the things we should have said" Stan spoke occasionally looking at me and richie again, I nodded at him while richie mouthed "keep going"

Stan took a deep breath in and continued, "the nightmares we most want to wake up from, the memories we wish we could change, the secrets we feel like we have to keep, even from our closet friends, are the hardest to walk away from." with that i felt richie look at me, i looked at him, and we both silently laughed, knowing of each other's secrets.

"The good stuff? The pictures in our mind that fade away the fastest? Those pieces of you it feels the easiest to lose, and those people you wish never leave you behind. Maybe I don't want to forget, maybe I like things the way they are right now, maybe if that's what today is all about..." Stanley said, his voice lowering at the end. Me and rich look at him dead in the eye, a proud look in our eyes and a smile on our face.

"forget it, right?" Stan concluded.

"Thank you, Stanley." Mr uris remarked in frustration. "Today, I'm supposed to become a man, but I don't feel any different. I know I'm a loser. And no matter what, I always fucking will be." Stanley concluded as he rushed out the building.

The rest of the guests gasped in pure shock but richie stood up and gave stan a single standing ovation that was shortly cut off by me dragging him out the synagogue to go find stanley.

I wanted to find stan to tell him how proud I was of him, never in my life have i not loved that boy, but today, today was different, I witnessed him finally stand up for himself and not just to his father, everything that has been bothering him, he just let go off. He was brave. He always has been, and to me, that's what made stanley a man today.

We ran down the stairs and found stan at the bottom of them with his head in his hands. He raised his head and i could see he was slightly teary eyed."STANLEY THE OFFICIAL MAN URIS LOOK AT YOU GO!" richie yelled, quite obviously impressed with his best friend. "thanks richie, I did what I thought was right but I'm most definitely fucked, my dad is going to murder me." stan panicked.

"fuck your dad, you did amazing, great speech by the way." I say as I stand on my top toes to wipe the single tear that was rolling down his cheek. "thank you, y/n." he muttered to me with a smile.

"as much as I appreciate you two being supportive of what i did, everyone in there will not be, so can we perhaps go somewhere else, and quickly at that." Stanley asked. "definitely, your dad's scary when he's angry." richie admitted as we started running round the back of the synagogue.

We ran as fast as we could and as far as we could until we got to the quarry. As soon as we came to a stop we just all looked at eachother and burst into a fit of laughter, i'm not sure exactly why but something in that moment was just hilarious. maybe it was the fact richies glasses were hanging on for dear life.

We all sat at the edge of the quarry, our legs dangling of it. It was so sad to me, the last time we were here was when the losers club was still going solid, obviously mike wasn't there but i wish he could have been. There was no killer psycho clown chasing us, no fighting and quite frankly i missed it.

"y'know stanley i'm going to admit this now, i'm surprised you did that up there." Richie said as he loosened his tie. "surprised? why?" I asked him. "well come on now let's face it, stanley isn't the most... confrontational person ever." Richie tried to figure it out the right words. "confrontational? care to explain." Stan questioned. "Long story short, don't take offence to this but, your a bit of a puss-"richie tried.

"do you want me to throw you down there?" I cut him off. "well preferably not." He laughed. "good choice." I said as i threw a small stone into the water below us.

"so you know when I was doing my speech, why did you guys laugh when i said something about keeping secrets?" Stanley asked us both. "Well i umm long story." I play off

"yeah like really long story." Richie added. "well we have time it's not like i can go home." Stanley suggested. "it's really not that important, don't worry about it." I fake laugh.

After that we sat in silence for about 20 seconds until richie yells "Y/N
LIKES—" but is cut off by a very angry yell. "STANLEY URIS WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" it was mr uris.

We all quickly stood up and turned to face him, richie was right stan's dad is scary when he is angry. He walks over and grabs his arm and pulls him away from us. "I don't know what stunt you pulled back there and I don't want to hear anything, you're grounded for the rest of summer, understood?" He said as he rushed off, dragging stanley behind him.

This summer just got even shittier

•••

1081 words

this chapter is a bit shit tbh but i hope you enjoyed it :)

drink water, stay safe

-your bitch,may <3