꧁𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙪𝙥 𝙗𝙮 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡꧂

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

•••

I slowly opened my eyes from my deep sleep to see stan staring intently at me. "sorry I didn't want to wake you up so I just stayed here for a bit." He said as he smiled softly. I returned the smile and we both got out of Stanley's bed.

"so are you still down to go to the quarry later?" I asked and Stan handed me some of his older clothes for me to 'borrow' for today. "Yea of corse, I wanna see how this bev, bill and ben situation turns out." He laughed. "Thank god it wasn't me that noticed that, this is going to be fun to watch." I said. "Ah yes the losers club very own love triangle." Stan joked as we both part ways to get ready for the day.

(outfit, you can wear whatever just thought this was cute)

I propped my black sunglasses on the top of my head to finish of the look for today when I heard a faint knock at the door. "hey you almost done yet y/n/n?" Stan asked. "yea i'm ready now let's go!" I say cheerfully. "Wow you look good in that shirt." Stan compliments with a smirk. "Probably because it's yours, birdbrain, you don't look to bad yourself." I say with a smile forming on my face.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, don't mention anything about the quarry to my parents. They'd go mad if they find out." Stan said in a hushed tone; not wanting his parents to hear. "Okay I won't promise." I say quietly as we both go join Stan's parents for breakfast.

"So what are you kids up to today." Stanley's mother asked as we take our seats. "oh we were going to bill's house to just hang out." Stan lied. "Okay just don't do anything too stupid." Stanley's mother laughed. "We won't mrs uris I promise." I assure her. "remember kids if your other friends jumped of a cliff, you wouldn't follow them because you two are sensible kids." Mr uris said sternly as he looked up from his newspaper.

how ironic of him to say that

"right" Me and stanley said at the same time, holding back small smiles. We finished eating breakfast and then headed to the quarry, laughing and joking the whole way there.

We both arrive and the others are already there, minus beverly. "What took you guys so long?" Eddie asked impatiently. "probably off sucking face." Richie jokes and makes kissy noises. "That's fucking nasty richie." I say as a screw up my face in disgust. "Anyway you guys go ahead i'll wait for beverly." I say as I step out into the clearing, leaving the guys to get ready in peace.

I lean my back against a tree and see a figure walking towards me. Just as I suspected it was beverly, with short hair? "wow your hair looks amazing, love the new look." I compliment. It really did suit her well, just took me by surprise. "thank you y/n" she says with a warm smile.

"Although I do have one question." She says as we stop in our tracks. "ask away bev." "I just wanted to know, why are you so nice to me after you heard the rumours, I assumed everyone hated me." She asked directing her vision to the ground and then back at me. "Are you kidding? you think any of us believe that shit, anything Greta says is just twisted and wrong." I laughed as I reassure the worried girl. "I can just tell we are going to be good friends." Bev says excitedly. "Oh i'll make sure of it." We both laugh as I lead her to where I left the boys.

"I'm gonna change here you can go first if you want to." I offer as we make it back to the cliff edge. "Okay sure see you there, don't be to long." She says as she approaches the clearing where the boys are looking over the edge. I had just finished changing when I heard a loud splash followed by a recognisable "WHAT THE FUCK" from non other than richie.

I slowly walked closer and waited for a good moment to go. "Holy shit we just got shown up by a girl." Richie said in disbelief. "Make that two girls trashmouth." I say as I run and jump into the water below me.

The soft wind blew my hair as I jumped down. In that moment I felt as if time stopped and I was floating. In the weirdest but best way possible. The feeling was broke as I landed in the. cold-ish water. "what a surprise to see you here." Beverly laughed as I broke the surface. We both yell for the boys to come join us in the water. Seconds later, all 7 of us are splashing around in the water just having fun, just like normal kids enjoying a perfectly normal summer.

"Hey! who wants to play chicken?" Richie challenges deviously, knowing he will most likely win. "I'm in, just know I will win." I say, wanting to break to riches winning streak from all the times he won last summer. "me too." Bill says. "okay i'll go too." Stan agrees. "sure yea why not." Bev says.

Bill sees his opportunity and goes with it, "Want to team with me." He offers the redhead. "sure let's go." She agrees and she gets on bills shoulders. "me and you then uris." I say as Stan let's me on his shoulders. "Heyyy who am I with." Richie looks around for a partner. "Go on Eduardo, don't let your dear pal Richard down." I say, imitating one of richies terrible accents. "okay fine, just don't push me off." Eddie says as he hesitantly gets on richies shoulders.

"That's literally the aim of the game eddie." Stanley laughs as we wait for ben to give us the sign to go. "3...2...1...GO!" Ben announces. me and bev both go to knock eddie of richie, it didn't take long because it was eddie's little noodle arms against me and beverly.

He really is called eddie spaghetti for a reason.

Me and bev try knock eachother off as bill and stan laugh at both of us clearly struggling. By some miracle, I managed to knock Bev backwards at last and Stan gives me a high five and let's me down from his shoulders. "See told ya i'll win." I say with a smile as me and stan laugh, celebrating our small victory.

We all swim for a bit longer until we hear a panicked richie. "OH GOD WHAT WAS THAT." He yells. "w-what was w-what?" Bill asks. "Something just touched my foot right there!" Richie screams sacredly. "It's a turtle." Bill says shocked. We all go under the surface of the water to inspect the turtle.

This is it, this is what summer is supposed to be.

•••
1167 words

Omggg we actually hit 400 reads that's actually crazy! thank you guys so much it really means the world<3 I hope you are enjoying this book so far.
drink water, stay safe, until next time
:)
- May
(yes i actually put my name this time, yay me ig)