Chapter 20

Midna's POV

To my surprise, Link appeared through the entrance to Ordon.

"Link? What happened? Are you alright?" I ran to him.

"I'm fine." He said bluntly, stepping past me rudely.

"Hey! What was that?" 

"I must retrieve the princess." He replied, beginning to ascend the ladder to his house. He was acting like a robot. I warped so I was right next to him at the entrance to his home, and grabbed him by the collar.

"Link, what is going on. Tell me right now." I demanded. Link's eyes were glazed over, almost as if he wasn't there. He remained silent. I slapped his cheek, but his eyes remained on mine and his lips remained sealed. "Link!" I almost screamed at him. Something wasn't right. 

As my hands pulled at Link's collar in desperation, I noticed something on his skin, previously hidden by his clothes. I moved closer to inspect it, before realising. These were the marks that were currently coating Zelda. That thing was possessing Link, just like it was doing to Zelda, but Link wasn't strong enough to fight it. I wanted to slap myself. I was the one that willed Link to go there. I was the one that initiated this mess. I should have gone, I had a much better chance against that magic than Link did. 

I released my grasp on Link's tunic and prepared myself. I knew what I had to do.