Chapter 3

We had been in Ordon for a couple of hours before Rusl returned from a large hunt with only a few wild rabbits. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Link! It's been a while." He exclaimed, patting me on the back before glancing over to Zelda. "Who's the lovely lady?"

"This is Zelda." I smiled as Zelda stepped forward to shake Rusl's hand. 

"Wait.. Princess-"

"No, no. That's not me." She said. "It's lovely to meet you." I responded to this by shooting her a puzzled look.

"Ah, apologies. You too." They shook hands and Rusl went off to give the rabbits to Uli. We had already greeted everyone else, and it was nearing the end of the day. I decided to head to bed once I'd eaten with everyone, as I was exhausted from a long day of travelling. I assumed the same for Zelda.

After dinner, I helped everyone to clear up and found Zelda.

"I'm going back to the house, are you tired?"

She hesitated. "...Yeah. Okay." We said goodnight to everyone and headed back to my house.

"So.. How are you finding it here?"

"I love it here." She smiled, looking around. I looked at her questioningly. "Really. Ever since I was a child I wanted to escape the busy and organised life that I had. It's really lovely here."

"Well, it's definitely quiet."

"You don't like it?"

"Of course I do. I'm just not used to being laid back anymore, after.."

"Yeah. I get it."

I avoided her eyes. Everyone knew that being the hero of time had completely changed me, but it wasnt ever a topic of conversation. I allowed Zelda to go up the ladder and then followed her up it, opening my door and apologising for the mess.

"You can sleep in my bed, its at the top." I said, gesturing to the ladders. I gathered some extra pillows and bedding and lay down on the floor as Zelda made her way up.

A/N: I'm aware this is sucky and short, but it's sort of a filler. Sorry!