Chapter 25

A/N: Sorry it's so short! There's more to come. Just to clarify, Evelyn is the name (in this story, anyway) of Zelda's mother :)

Our journey to Castle Town, which had originally been to visit Zelda's mother, had turned into a huge memorial service, both for Midna and Evelyn. We learned that she was killed by Lynax, as he had somehow snuck into the grounds. She was found with those signature marks on her skin, however only on the left side of her chest, where her heart was. That was his method of showing us that there were consequences of her leaving his confinement, or me taking her away from it. The only solution was to have him eradicated, but I needed some time. Without Midna, I lacked any great forces of power. I had courage, sure, but that didn't exactly mean I could take him on and win the battle straight away. 

Zelda was surprisingly okay, but I knew that she was putting on a front for her Kingdom. Although it was not yet official, Zelda was the queen of Hyrule. I admired her bravery greatly, as I myself would not be fit for that position after all she'd been through. We had spent the past few days helping with the reconstruction of the castle, purely to keep our mind off of things. But at that point I knew that I'd been keeping my mind off the matter at hand for too long. I was sat in our quarters alone, my head in my hands, lost in thought when Zelda came through the large oak door. I kept my eyes forward, not wanting to tell her what I was thinking.

"Hey.." She almost whispered, joining me and leaning against me gently.

"Hey." I muttered, sitting up straight and wrapping an arm around her, "How are you doing?"

"Good." Lie. She was doing anything but good. "What about you?" 

"Been better." 

She rubbed my back and took my hand in hers. "I'm sorry." She muttered. I felt a tear drop onto my shoulder. I squeezed her hand back.

"I love you."

"I love you too."