Chapter 2

I was awoken by the sounds of Link packing up, ready for the journey to Ordon. I rubbed the sleep out of my weary eyes and got up to help him. 

"Sleep well?" He asked, without even turning back. I wondered how he knew I was awake.

"Fairly. And you?" 

"Sleep doesn't come often for me, so I guess not."

"Oh. Uh, do you need anything?"

"No, no. I'm fine. We'll set off soon." 

I proceeded to pick up some of his weapons to pack up. 

"Zelda, it's fine." 

"It's quicker if I help!" I said, annoyed. Did he think I was uncapable? He glanced at his bow in my hands and nodded reluctantly. 

When we were done, Link swung himself up onto Epona and extended his hand to help me on. I took it, for some unknown reason. I could get up just fine on my own. 

"Put your-"

"I know. I've done this before, you know." I said as I put my hands around his waist to keep me steady. Without another word, we were thundering across Hyrule field, towards the tiny village of Ordon. I wondered if the people there would recognise me. If they didn't I would keep it that way. I hated the way people's facial expressions and tone changed the moment they found out who I was, and I hated the way they felt as if they had to leave me alone, or treat me like I wasn't one of them. It made me feel like just another stuck up member of the Royal Family. In the cave I had taken off my elaborate dress and left on the white dress I wore underneath it, which had some purple detailing around the hem, and let my hair hang loose.

As we made our way to Ordon, I admired the beautiful landscape. The grass was abundant and green at this time of year, and the trees stood tall and proud against the cloudless blue skies. I couldn't help but notice what looked like a gathering of bokoblins in the distance. It was strange, seeing them so close together. I could have sworn they were all looking right in my direction, and communicating. I tried to turn around to get a better look at them as we moved away, which caused Epona to rear up and neigh. 

"Whoa, whoa!" Link called, regaining his balance. "What are you doing?" 

"I just... thought I saw something, that's all. Sorry." 

"What did you see?" He said, a concerned look on his face. 

"I don't know.. just a group of bokoblins, I think." He glanced past me, back where we'd come from before turning back and speeding Epona up to a canter as we reached Faron Woods. I cast my eyes over the natural spring through a clearing, the fairies in it pinging about excitedly. 

"You'll be staying with me, by the way." Link said as we reached his house. I nodded and hopped down from Epona. Link began to walk towards the village.