Chapter 16

"He's back!" He exclaimed in mock excitement, clapping his hands together briefly. The guards around me maintained their angry expressions as they prepared to let go of the arrows they had pointed at me if I made a move. 

"Who are you?" I asked in frustration, remembering it's response when I'd asked it in Ordon.

"Now you mention it, we dont know each other very well do we?" 

"I know that you're evil. What's your name?" I said again, as calmly as I could manage.

"Lets not jump to conclusions, Link." I shuddered as I heard my name in its voice, "My name is Lynax." It finally told me.

"You jumped to that conclusion for me. I know you're using her to house your dark power, and I came here to stop you."

Lynax laughed. "Oh did you now? And how do you plan on doing that?"

I thought of Zelda, lying in pain trying to fight off this horrific power. "I'll do whatever it takes."

"That," He pointed towards me, "is what I like to hear. Why don't you come inside with me, Link? We can have a.. a conversation about how we can sort this. Lower your weapons, I can handle him."

I'd practically just signed my own death certificate, but I followed Lynax into his fortress and up to his throne room. A red carpet made a statement line across the length of the room, extending all the way up and onto the throne itself. The ceiling was immensely high. When in the centre of the room, Lynax stopped suddenly and turned to face me. 

"So, you're prepared to die for that pathetic excuse of a princess?" He sneered.

"Don't you dare speak about her in that way!" I shouted at him.

"Anger! So much anger lies within you, Link. You're strong, attractive, courageous, almost the perfect candidate. Just so much anger." 

"The perfect candidate?" I questioned.

"Come with me." He started towards a small door behind the throne. I followed cautiously, unaware of what fate awaited me behind the door. When I entered the room, all the struck me was a mirror-like portal on the wall, showing Castle Town. 

"All those souls, the variety is unbelievable!" Lynax said happily as he watched for a while. I hadnt the slightest idea of what he was talking about. As I was about to ask, a tremendous weight slammed into the back of my head, sending me straight to the ground. Lynax's shrill laugh rang in my ears, and through my blurred and spotted vision, I saw him hunched over me. 

"All those souls, soon to be all mine. Thank you, Link."

A/N: SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG OMG but its finally here! Serious apologies to those who've been waiting for this, as you probably realised I've been crazily busy since I came back to school. I will hopefully be writing another chapter today or tomorrow, and I know this chapter definitely does not make up for the time you had to wait, but I hope you at least enjoyed it! Finally, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 1K READS! That's incredible and I never expected it to happen! As always, thank you for reading xxxx