Chapter 19: Making things right

Art by me!

————————————

"Kris!! Kris!!" Bendy exclaimed in horror as he and everyone else rushed to Kris' side.

He laid motionless on his stomach, covered in his own blood. Bendy wiped the ink off his eyes and gently placed Kris head on his lap. Everyone else was injured, but they were all mostly focused on Kris.

"Kris? Come on buddy, ya gotta wake up now." Bendy lightly patted his face in a panic.

...

No response.

Bendy checked the boy's pulse.

Nothing.

"Kris buddy! This isn't funny! Ya gotta wake up now!" Bendy was more in a panic at Kris' silence.

But there was still nothing.

Bendy kept frantically trying to call out to him. Shaking him, praying for him wake up. But he never did. Tears swelled up in his eyes.

"Kris please..." He sobbed.

"You have to wake up...what's your family and friends at home gonna think?...

..what's ya mom gonna think?..."

Bendy's tears fell down his face like a waterfall. Almost everyone else joined him. Some were just tearing up. Some were in disbelief. Some were in utter distraught..like Bendy. He and everyone else just wished this was all a bad dream.

Monika sat beside Bendy, feeling in disbelief herself. She sniffed as her eyes caught something...under Kris' sleeve.

"Bendy...what's that?.." She asked wiping away a tear and pointing at the boy's sleeve.

Everyone including Bendy stopped and looked in the direction Monika was referring to. Bendy wiped his own tears and looked at Kris' sleeve and saw something too. He pulled it down slowly as his eyes widened.

Cuts. Kris' arm was littered in cuts and scars. Some were old, some were new. Everyone was frozen. No one knew how to react to this.

Sal was the first to react. He got up from the floor, slapping his knees as he did and walked out of the group for a moment, seemingly pissed. He just could believe it what the absolute hell Kris did. All this time and no one, not one knew about this. No one knew how much pain he was in.

Bendy wanted to yet he didn't. He didn't want to check the other arm, but his sick curiosity got the better of him. He still couldn't believe. Kris even made many more marks on his other arm. Everyone was in even more shock with this new information.

But Mae had it worse..

She was Kris' roomie. She should have seen what was going on with him sooner than everyone else. But she didn't. No one did. Even when she asked him numerous times if he was ok, she shouldn't have seen the signs. But she didn't.

The poor cat fell to her knees, feeling guilt and regret wash over her, as tears fell from her big cat eyes.

And Flowey...

He didn't know what to feel...what to think even. He was in disbelief, frozen, just like everyone else, slowly finding himself looking away and getting lost in his thoughts.

Bendy looked back at the lifeless Kris.

"Kris...why didn't ya say something?.." He sniffed.

But then Bendy remembered, earlier today.

'I said...I'm fine...'

'That's...that's what Kris said...but...why couldn't he just tell us?! We were worried about him..Mae definitely knew something was up...but he just didn't want to be open with us..' Bendy though, holding Kris closer to him.