Chapter 39: What's the time?

Art by me!

⚠️⚠️QUICK QUESTION (PLEASE READ THIS!!)⚠️⚠️:
Would you be interested if I put a little "something something~" for future chapters when it comes to shipping? 👀👉👈
It's nothing too intense but I was just curious on your opinions first. And don't worry, it's for only one ship... I can't tell you which one yet, but I just need some feedback first PLEASE.

Let me know what you think.

_________________________

The place looked beautifully lite, not a spec of dust or spiderweb could be seen.

Despite the lack of people inside, the sign out front read: "Open! Come on in!", as if it was encouraging anyone who walked by to take a peak.

Now honestly, neither Hat Kid, The Follower, Fran, or even Freddy was expecting something like this. It was probably a little silly to get astonished by. Tattletail however seemed a lot quieter than his cheery-self.

After all, this was just a toy store they were looking at.

But this toy store seemed.. different. The layout inside, it was pretty mesmerizing. Very colorful. Like a child's bedroom got expanded and turned into a store.

At the entrance inside, stood a blue giant figure, with a yellow ribbon around its neck, along with red smiling lips and big yellow hands. Lights shun up towards the character as it stood in a waving position, surrounded by giant colorful alphabet blocks. In front of the statue, was a "Welcome!" sign.

Behind, were isles and isles of toys, all neatly stacked on their shelves. At the start of the isles, a poster was hanged of different toy characters. Everything looked like a kid's paradise.

Excited as she already was, Hat Kid ran through the double doors like a mad man who was on a sugar high, giving into the entrancing vibe the store shared.

Without much other choice, the rest followed inside. Tattletail remain quiet and still in The Follower's arms.

One of the other things they noticed was a sign and a button, right at the entrance that read: "Press here!"

Fran gladly volunteered to do so as a message over the speakers began to play. It was a female, her voice sounding enthusiastic and welcoming.

"Hi kids! We're so happy you could come and visit us! Before you leave, make sure you get a toy from our wonderful section of friends here! All created by three of our most fun and amazing toy companies! Playtime Co., Fragment Games, and Waygetter!
And just a reminder, there's no need to worry about the prices! Playtime doesn't come with a price! Just make sure you scan your chosen toy on the scanner near the main door! Now have fun, kids! And thank you for stopping in at "Playtime 'n Friends!" We'll see you next time!"

Freddy turned around towards the main doors. The scanner was indeed there, just like the lady had said. Above it, was a reminder poster with the same blue smiling character as the statue: "Nobody Leaves Without A Toy!"

"Nobody" huh? ... Out of curiosity, the bear grabbed the handles to open the main doors.

.... ...But they wouldn't open.

Suddenly becoming frantic, he struggled with the handles, eager for their only exit to be opened, but to no avail. He yanked and pulled but nothing worked. The Follower attempted to help, trying the handles himself, kicking the door, anything to leave, to escape this place.