Chapter 44: Smarter Not Harder (Part 5)

Btw this chapter is a mess I'm so sorry..
Also sorry for the lack of art in this chapter, my drawing hands are not doing it for me right now, I only drew a few things...

I have also made some more Spamton art above👆🪺💽
(Because I gave up on the main chapter art for this one)

———————————————

The room was bright, filled with items and mechanics Kris didn't understand, along with other various objects and things that gave the boy a sense of familiarity. A giant screen displayed on the wall behind him. And the green cage remained over his head.

His hands reached out, gripping the bars. With effect, he attempted to pull them apart. In the end, it did nothing, he couldn't even squeeze through if he tried. He was stuck and alone in a room he had no recollection of.

The giant computer screen behind him suddenly turned on. Queen grinned, satisfied at her capture.

"How Do You Like Your New Room Units. As You Can See They Are Perfectly Suited To Your Interests (Which I Gleaned From Your Internet Search Results)"

She... What!?

"I Estimate You Will Have No Desire To Leave. Please Tantilize Yourself With Your Surroundings" Queen satisfied grin suddenly turned menacing.

"And Wait Patiently While I Dominate The World. Toodles"

The computer switched off, leaving Kris with the items and the green cage that still secured him to one single spot.

Suddenly, he heard a voice coming from the talk tube across from his cage.

"K... Kris!? Hey!! Can you hear me!?"

He gripped the bars tightly. "S-Susie!?"

"Yeah! Looks like there's some way to communicate between rooms."

The remark made Kris remember something. He recalled the same thing happening the first time they both came to the Dark World. Getting locked in some sort of prison in a big fancy place. He hoped this wasn't gonna be a pattern.

The computer shot on again. "Convenient Isn't It I Really Thought Of Everything" Queen says. "Shut up!!" Susie spouted, just as the computer turned off.

"Anyway, let's think of some way to get out of here!! Ralsei, you got any bright ideas...?"

No response from The Prince.
"Hey... where the hell's Ralsei!? Sal, what about you?"

No response from Sal either.
"Sal!? Where the hell are they!?"

Ralsei and Sal aren't here!? Where could be? Did Queen do something to them!?

As Kris' mind continually thought of the worst, a scream was heard from somewhere nearby. It was... an oddly soft scream.

"Damn, that soft-yet-tender screaming— Kris, that's gotta be Ralsei!! Quick, we gotta think of some way to get out!! Anything you smuggled in that might help us!?"

Anything... Kris smuggled in that might help...? He thought about it, then remembered.

That's right! Maybe Kris could bring Jevil to help!

He quickly searched through his pocket to find him. Instead, he ended up hearing another voice.

"Hoho! Blue person! It's me, Lancer! Release me and I will release you!"