Chapter 45: Smarter Not Harder (Part 6)

I'M BACK!!!!! Now let's finish Deltarune Chapter 2 mini series!!!

———————————————-

It was quiet.
The harsh rain had finally stopped and everything was calm again.

Kris and Susie sat together side by side on the grass.
It was soggy from the recent weather conditions, but neither cared.

They both sat, silently reflecting on the events that transpired only a few hours ago.

It's unfortunate they were back so soon.
Even so, after everything that happened, they deserved a break.

A moment or two later, Susie looked over at her friend.
His knees were close to his chest, staring blankly.
"How are you feeling...?" She asked.

Kris sighed, feeling tired.
"I'm alright... We... w-we went through a lot, didn't we?"

"Yeah... You... want to talk about anything?"
Kris didn't answer right away.

He thought about Spamton.

He thought about how much the puppet wanted to hurt him and the others.

Hit after hit. Spamton didn't want to let his attacks down. His giant wings deemed useless as the green strings remained, connecting to every joint of his new body.

It made him think if he was actually hurting the Lightners. Maybe only part of him was, he couldn't tell anymore.

The coaster rides speed forward. What stood inside the three coasters were four teens, bruised and tried from the long battle.

Kris had refrained the group from attacking, but in the end, it still got them hurt. Everything else they tried seemed it was only making them go in circles.

Kris tried reasoning with Spamton. He tried to convince him that they no longer had to fight, they're could be another way.

He remembered how stubborn Spamton was being.

He remembered the tears that filled in the puppet's eyes, despite everything attack.
Despite everything he said to them.

He remembered cutting the angel's strings at some point.
The look on Spamton's face. The hope he felt after they were all cut. He pleaded with Kris one last time, before the deed was done.

And no strings remained.

But that relief was short lived.

Once they were back to the beginning, where everything started, they all looked up.

Ralsei, Susie, Sal, and Kris... they all saw those horrid strings again. Green strings that almost resembled wires hanged like vines, covering the wall in front of them.

And there in the center of it, was poor Spamton.
This entire body wrapped in strings. Including his neck.

Spamton slowly raised his head to the group.